Prospect Info: Who deserves the next call up?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Based on their play in Bingo this year, who deserves the next call up?
Any first hand insight from our fans in Binghamton.

I left out Grant and Borowiecki because they just got sent down.

Forwards

Da Costa - 18gp 7g 13a 20pts +8
Pageau - 12gp 5g 9a 14pts +5
Schneider - 19gp 6g 7a 13pts +9
Prince - 19gp 5g 6a 11ptsa +2
Puempel - 21gp 6g 5a 11pts -6
Stone - 10gp 4g 4a 8pts +2
Petersson - 13gp 7g 4a 11pts +7
JOB - 12gp 1g 3a 4pts +/- 0
Robinson 19gp 5g 5a 10pts +8

Defense

Claesson - 21gp 0g 7a 7pts +16
Ceci - 21gp 2g 13a 15pts +7
Wideman - 19gp 2g 10a 12pts +2

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd go with Stone or Ceci, I wouldn't mind Ceci for a couple of games just to gauge where he is at. Stone along with Michalek & Smith or Grant on the 3rd line would be interesting. My guess is that BM/PM will likely bring back either Grant or Borocop at some point depending, if BM is able to trade some guys & how Hoffman does.

Why Wideman over Ceci?

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Stone can't last 5 games without breaking.
If we need a D it has to be someone who plays simple game like Boro or Claesson IMO.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Wideman / Claesson
Stone

Far distant

Petersson

Stone would be first but since I think when he comes back up, it's for good, so he can get a little extra time for conditioning.

Claesson deserves a taste to keep him hungry, and Wideman probably deserves one too based on his development so far. Wideman probably fills a need better right now.

And at some point, Speedy Petey should get one more shot to impress before he goes back to Europe next year (assuming Hoffman doesn't kill it)

Gothenburg 40*

In my opinion the next player up should be in response to an injury. For some reason I see it being Prince. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Voted for Stone as the team requires a scoring winger. No point in bringing up Pageau yet to centre the 4th line.

I believe Zibanejad deserves a centre role, and the Conacher-Zibby-Michalek line can be as valuable as the Conacher-Zibby-Silf "kid" line last year.

Hoffman looked like a speedier version of Denis Hamel last night. Hopefully he will get one in the next few games, nothing like a goal to get his confidence going, especially since he has already been tearing it up in the minors. I have never been sold on him at this level, but I wish him all the success in the world.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Wideman / Claesson
Stone

Far distant

Petersson

Stone would be first but since I think when he comes back up, it's for good, so he can get a little extra time for conditioning.

Claesson deserves a taste to keep him hungry, and Wideman probably deserves one too based on his development so far. Wideman probably fills a need better right now.

And at some point, Speedy Petey should get one more shot to impress before he goes back to Europe next year (assuming Hoffman doesn't kill it)

Completely agree with this.

I think Hoffman is here to stay. He'll have to clear waivers to go back down to the AHL and I feel like someone would claim him. I would expect a forward and a D to get traded before we callup any other players though.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If you take a pie out of the oven too early, it won't be done. and if you take it out and try to put it back in minutes after you tried it, it still wont cook right. This applies to cody ceci, let him take a full un interrupted season of pro, Im down for Prince, Pageau, or Puempel , or anyone else who has a p starting their name.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If you take a pie out of the oven too early, it won't be done. and if you take it out and try to put it back in minutes after you tried it, it still wont cook right. This applies to cody ceci, let him take a full un interrupted season of pro, Im down for Prince, Pageau, or Puempel , or anyone else who has a p starting their name.

While I agree with your point on Ceci, the same should be applied for Puempel. Still needs to round out his game.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Ceci has definitely been a huge surprise for me this year in Bingo. I thought it would take him longer to find his game. While he has been good, he still has a lot to work on. He gets knocked off the puck a lot- this is due to his lack of size and strength, both will come with time, but they're important attributes which are needed in the NHL. Second, I find his defensive game to be lacking. I know a lot of people will argue me on this, but he gets caught out of position a lot. He needs to work on his coverage and overall defensive awareness.

Apart from that, Ceci is awesome. He's moves the puck really well, his transition game is excellent (can go from defense mode to offense really quick), he QB's and holds the points on the PP really well, and he has good speed. I really look forward to him getting a call-up next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad