Who can we get for these guys?

Isles1

Nov 8, 2010
Nassau County, L.I.
Griffin Reinhart, Josh Bailey, Matt Donovan and Crus-Rydberg

All depends on who is available, and I wouldn't do anything until trade deadline regardless, where a team would be more willing to part with a player at a better price if they are out of playoff contention. Would love to get an elite LW for our top line, and a solid Hamonic type on D for depth, but we are playing well right now and should wait for the right opportunity to add that last piece or two.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Right now I don't move anyone unless its a blow away deal the Snow can't refuse.

The team is gelling and frankly don't mess with it unless of injury.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
When there is a NEED, there's a TRADE.....you guys have to start thinking like a successful team's fans. Right now we need a first line winger with size if Lee or Brock aren't gonna be it......even though they may in the future.....and we need a first pairing defenseman with size.

Find one? Then talk trades.

This thread and ones like it sound like rehashed threads from when we embraced losing. FIVE quality vets we didn't bother getting in years past have made us competent.

So that means trades should be thought of from THAT perspective.

startainfection*

i think rienhart could get us eberle but I'm not sure if i would do it, i absolutely love eberle but i love the idea of rienhart and pulock developing into a modern day pronger/maccinnis-lite even more

startainfection*

this got me thinking though, what do the isles need? what should garth snow try getting at the deadline if this play continues?

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
When there is a NEED, there's a TRADE.....you guys have to start thinking like a successful team's fans. Right now we need a first line winger with size if Lee or Brock aren't gonna be it......even though they may in the future.....and we need a first pairing defenseman with size.

Find one? Then talk trades.

This thread and ones like it sound like rehashed threads from when we embraced losing. FIVE quality vets we didn't bother getting in years past have made us competent.

So that means trades should be thought of from THAT perspective.
I like this - a little, but it may be overly proactive. They may need a tweak but not yet. Like they say in chess - "sit on your a hands until you see the best move"

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
All depends on who is available, and I wouldn't do anything until trade deadline regardless, where a team would be more willing to part with a player at a better price if they are out of playoff contention. Would love to get an elite LW for our top line, and a solid Hamonic type on D for depth, but we are playing well right now and should wait for the right opportunity to add that last piece or two.

dal Colle is playing great for OSH. He is going to be JT's lw eventually and I think JT (and KO) has no problem waiting if the team progresses this year. The money to sign a premium lw will go to Boychuk hopefully.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Reinhart isn't going to be traded. Bailey has also looked very good lately, no point. Other two are worthless.

I beg to differ, if you are going to make a trade NOW is the time to trade Bailey before he disappears again and goes back to having no trade value. He probably still doens't have much trade value now. Just saying, with a player like Bailey, sometimes the reason he is playing well IS the reason to trade him now.

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
I beg to differ, if you are going to make a trade NOW is the time to trade Bailey before he disappears again and goes back to having no trade value. He probably still doens't have much trade value now. Just saying, with a player like Bailey, sometimes the reason he is playing well IS the reason to trade him now.

Right now his value to this team is more than what we would realistically get for him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
this got me thinking though, what do the isles need? what should garth snow try getting at the deadline if this play continues?

Fourth line center who is money on draws and can PK. So basically Jay McClement from the Canes. Signed a one year deal worth 1M and will probably be available at the deadline. I'd do a 4th & Robbie Russo or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad