Who are you rooting for to win the Cup?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Other than my team, San Jose. Had a solid club for damn near a decade now.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
Picked Dallas vs Boston in my office bracket, so that'd be pretty cool.

But if it's Dallas vs Columbus I think I'd be just as happy given how no one could have possibly predicted that final, even a month ago. :laugh:
This would be interesting .. These two teams played each other when Rich Peverley cardiac arrested and defibrillator was used. Game was postponed till another day.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This would be interesting .. These two teams played each other when Rich Peverley cardiac arrested and defibrillator was used. Game was postponed till another day.

I do remember that game, don't think there are many Stars left from that night's team though.

EDIT: Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin and Oleksiak, although the last two bounced around a bit.

Reactions: Fireball23

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I still want them all to lose. And I want the Cup to break in pieces when handed over, just to ruin the moment.

I do enjoy watching the pressers of eliminated teams and their coaches.
IMG_5496.JPG

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
In order of my interest in seeing them win:

New York
Winnipeg
Columbus
Nashville
St. Louis
Vegas
Calgary
San Jose

After that idgaf

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a Habs fan. We didn't make it. Then I like Crosby. He's out. So here's who I'm left with - mostly in order of preference.

Nashville. PK Subban - all i care about.
Columbus. So many reasons. I have friends there. I love that they went all-in at the TDL, I hate teams who tank/don't take risks. Plus - would be such a cool story after the Tampa sweep.
Vegas. I like Pacioretty and Stone and i think it would be a good story. Plus it would be fun to see in that city
Toronto. I just think all the media attention and fans would make this hilarious. In terms of entertainment - it's hard to top. HF will be so much fun the next few weeks if this happens.
Washington. OV winning another one would be pretty cool.
Colorado. I like the offense on the first line, Mack is pretty good.

Don't care about any of the other teams. I hate Boston most of all - so anyone but them.

Reactions: dukeofjive

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Who are the non playoff team fans rooting for to win the cup. How come?
Colorado - super exciting team, big Rantanen fan

NYI - such a nice story having Tavares back stab them and it ended up being to their benefit

Washington - great team up in down, big Ovi fan

Boston - solid team thruout and get so much ragging on by other fan bases including my own

Calgary - big hockey fan, hope he picks it up. Love the Valimaki pick too

Carolina - new team, exciting players like that Aho

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Caps- Watching Ovie with the cup last year, and how stoked we was for weeks was what sports is all about.
CBJ- Them going all in at the deadline was awesome to see, and great for the game. If they win, hopefully more teams follow the lead.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Columbus
San Jose (not looking good)
St. Louis
New York
Winnipeg
Colorado
Calgary
Dallas
Nashville
Washington

Boston
Vegas

Carolina
Toronto
Tampa Bay (lol)
Pittsburgh (lol)

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
If the islanders get bounced, I would have said Calgary (cuz of Hamonic), but seeing how that is not looking too good, I'll go with CBJ. They just took out the heavy favorites in convincing fashion. Plus, if they win the "weak metro division" will have won 4 straight cups

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Vegas.
Columbus.
Winnipeg.

IDGAF about the other teams. They can beat themselves silly.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd like to see the Jets win, or even Toronto I guess. If I had to pick a winner I'd say Columbus will win the cup.

I just don't want to see the Canes win (did not like the celebrations, yes I know I'm a dinosaur), or Vegas.

Edit: Wouldn't mind seeing the NYI win as well.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Columbus or Winnipeg.

Columbus showed chutzpah, cojones, balls, whatever you want to call it at the deadline, and I respect that.

As for Winnipeg, my wife and her family love the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad