Who are the most loved players in your native country

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
In CZE, Jagr is numer 1. Arguably the most popular athlete ever here. Hasek has many lovers, but also haters. Besides these two, the most valued are players, who have made a lot in national team, like Reichel, Vyborny etc. (honorable metion - Vokoun after this season). You have to rock in national team if you want to be popular at home.

Ruzicka
Konopasek
Hlinka

Forsbergwannabe

Sep 16, 2006
Odense Denmark
I would more guess on someone like Jens Nielsen or Heinz Ehlers. Kim Staal could be up there because of his great personality. For the Danes on the forum to answer though. :)

Its a though question to answer and there certainly isnt a clear cut favorite, but my first reaction was to say Peter Regin followed by Frans Nielsen.
Puzzled by this question I asked on a danish hockey forum, what they thought about the subject and most of them said Regin as well, which isnt surprising considering how fickle danes are, when if comes to sport in generel.

Regin can also be pretty flashy so that certainly helps, plus any sort of success in the NHL get alot more attention and credit in the media then anthing else, apart from the national team, which hurts the likes of Jesper Duus, Heinz Ehlers and Kim Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad