Who are the Kings' untouchables?

HolyShot*

WHEN a big trade goes down, who will NOT be on the block? Here's my list:

Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Doughty
Quick

I could see DL pulling off a trade of Williams, Brown and a first for a guy like Kane. I really think that Williams, Stoll, Voynov, Toffoli, or Vey could be centerpieces in upcoming trades. Our lack of talent is really starting to show as the team starts to lose their work ethic. We can't get by with a crappy work ethic and skill. This team needs a great effort night in and night out and even then we can't beat the hawks, stars and avs. There's gotta be a trade brewing and I'm thinking it's gonna come sooner rather than later, but who knows. Truly I think patience is the key here.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kopitar
Doughty
Quick

These 3, because it would be impossible to get an upgrade, anyone who might be better than Kopitar/Doughty/Quick is probably not being traded any time soon.

Carter is a big maybe, just because he is the Kings only truly elite winger.

No one else on the team is untouchable.

KingKopitar11*

Kopitar Doughty Carter

Everyone else is game imo.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Kopitar - top ten center, enough said.
Richards - solidifies our centers and is cash money in the playoffs.
Carter - the sniper the Kings always needed; our one 'true' offensive threat.
Doughty - top three defenseman in the world, enough said.
Quick - the best goalie in the game, enough said, yet again.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Kopitar - top ten center, enough said.
Richards - solidifies our centers and is cash money in the playoffs.
Carter - the sniper the Kings always needed; our one 'true' offensive threat.
Doughty - top three defenseman in the world, enough said.
Quick - the best goalie in the game, enough said, yet again.

I agree with this

KingKopitar11*

Just hypothetical, so don't get sensitive, could quick fetch two top 6 forwards?

KingKopitar11*

A franchise player that is the best in the world at the most important position could fetch a metric **** ton. So yes, I assume he could get that and more.

So you think we can get an elite winger and another second line winger?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
So you think we can get an elite winger and another second line winger?

I haven't memorized every team's roster, but I would assume a GM would give that. The Oilers for instance would easily, but that's a total crack pipe dream.

KingKopitar's gears are in motion.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So Stoll will revert back to our 2C?

I guess the word untouchable has a different meaning to me than it does to you.

I explained why the other three are untouchable, I don't think Mike Richards is in the same universe as the Kings Big 3. I can't think of any realistic players that I would trade Kopi/Doughty/Quick (guys like Crosby, Toews aren't being traded).

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I guess the word untouchable has a different meaning to me than it does to you.

I explained why the other three are untouchable, I don't think Mike Richards is in the same universe as the Kings Big 3.

It's relative to their role on the Kings. If Mike Richards is traded Stoll would be our second line center and we aren't winning anything in that scenario. I know everyone is talking **** about him during his slump, but come playoffs, everyone will be back onboard.

He's a playoff warrior and almost won that series against Chicago by himself. He's untouchable in my eyes. The perfect 2C.

KingKopitar11*

I haven't memorized every team's roster, but I would assume a GM would give that. The Oilers for instance would easily, but that's a total crack pipe dream.

KingKopitar's gears are in motion.

It's just an interesting perspective.

Our team is like this

Average offense
Great Defense
Great goaltending.
All hypothetical, let's say Jones still does good, but not quick good.

Would you make the trade and have a team like this

Great Offense
Great Defense
Good Goaltending.

We'd have a setup like the Hawks imo.

That's how they are.

Would you make a trade off for weaknesses?

Hypothetically we'd be making a weakness in net but not as big of a weakness in forwards now.

I think I'd do it if Jones kept this up for a year.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
How did he almost win the series by himself? He played 2 games, the Kings lost the series in 5.

I can't wait to here this one.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
How did he almost win the series by himself? He played 2 games, the Kings lost the series in 5.

I can't wait to here this one.

I phrased that wrong and you caught it before I could edit it. He almost put the Kings in a position to win the series. He was the Kings best player in their final game.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's just an interesting perspective.

Our team is like this

Average offense
Great Defense
Great goaltending.
All hypothetical, let's say Jones still does good, but not quick good.

Would you make the trade and have a team like this

Great Offense
Great Defense
Good Goaltending.

We'd have a setup like the Hawks imo.

That's how they are.

Would you make a trade off for weaknesses?

Hypothetically we'd be making a weakness in net but not as big of a weakness in forwards now.

I think I'd do it if Jones kept this up for a year.

Except they have a moderate offense, excellent defense, and excellent goaltending. All that's needed is one or two players. I would NEVER trade Jonathan Quick; irregardless of Jones' cute record.

Quick is on the level of Crosby and Stamkos to me.

KingKopitar11*

Except they have a moderate offense, excellent defense, and excellent goaltending. All that's needed is one or two players. I would NEVER trade Jonathan Quick; irregardless of Jones' cute record.

Quick is on the level of Crosby and Stamkos to me.

They have high octane offense.
And Crawford is a good goalie, nothing special, but you wouldn't know that with their Defense always bailing him.

Quick is a very good goalie, but if Jones kept this up for the rest of the season, I see this as a JJ type of deal. An area of strength trade for an area of weakness.

But in this case it'd be the better goalie. But I think the need for great offense is more important than great defense because of our system and defense. That's my opinion.

I think if DL got a call for some great forwards for quick he might pull a trade because he's not gutting the offense for it, and nor the defense.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
But don't you think it'd be really tempting to pull the trigger on that? It'd totally make us a complete team.

No, because you're trading away, arguably, the best goalie in the league. Jones is no where near Quick level. This would be nothing like the Carter-JJ deal. You create a weakness by dealing Quick. Plain and simple.
DL would not move Quick with what Jones has shown in the limited time he has been here, or if he kept it up for the rest of the season. DL looks at goaltending and defense as the strengths of a hockey team. He might consider it if Jones kept it up for the remainder of this season and next season.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
But don't you think it'd be really tempting to pull the trigger on that? It'd totally make us a complete team.

Personally, I wouldn't trade Quick in any logical scenario.

Sure Jones looks good. When he drags an offensively inept team into the playoffs, put up historical numbers over an entire season, and win a Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe, then we can talk. Until then, he's a very, very distant second.

We'll trim the fat this off-season, acquire or sign some talent through the increased cap (hopefully a top-six winger and at least one bottom six energy player that can produce), and take it from there. This is an elite team.

I could give two ****s about this slump, every team has them. Yeah, it annoys me because I want the Kings to win every damn game and dominate every opponent, but that will never happen.

All we need, at the most, is a minor retool.

KingKopitar11*

Personally, I wouldn't trade Quick in any logical scenario.

Sure Jones looks good. When he drags an offensively inept team into the playoffs, put up historical numbers over an entire season, and win a Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe, then we can talk. Until then, he's a very, very distant second.

I think that's being a little sentimental, I think that's clouding your judgement a bit, Quick is a very great goalie, but if Jones could be pretty good, I think it's a fair trade off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad