who are the best goalies available to draft this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Been said before but Rask and Price are #1-2 both of them should be star goaltenders and then there are few who have the possibility of becoming really good i believe Lavessuear (sp?) should be quite good too

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
It has to be Tyler Plante after this amazing playoff run that hes been on...the kid is improving his draft position on a daily basis.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Carey Price - Hockey God...

All the rest of the available draftees this year :biglaugh:

It's not even close, IMO.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
CrossCheck said:
might look at Maxime Joyal... Rookie GK of the year in the Q

Lalonde Belleville - Played really well in Belleville and still under most peoples radars. He's a little on the short side though.
Plante Brandon - Good and big goalie will likely be taken earlier than he should thanks to a strong play-off run.

Maxim Joyal is also good but I'd wait until my last couple of picks because he's a year older than everyone else (July 86 birthday).

I wouldn't take any of these guy's before the 3rd round right now though (4th for Joyal).

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm thinking Nicklas Backstrom from Finland is gaining some attention with his play at the Worlds. I know he's impressed me. He is one to watch.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
My Goalie Ranking:
1. Carey Price, WHL
2. Tuuka Rask, Finland
3. JP Levasseur, QMJHL
4. Tyle Plante, WHL
5. Jeff Frazee, NTDP
6. Ondrej Pavelec, Czech Republic
7. Alexandre Vincent, QMJHL
8. Pier-Olivier Pelletier, QMJHL
9. Niklas Backstrom, Finland
10. Darren Macheseny, OHL
11. Ben Bishop, NAHL
12. Bryan Bridges, WHL
13. Maxime Joyal, QMJHL
14. Ryan Moir, QMJHL
15. Kevin Lalande, OHL
16. Jeremy Ducehsne, QMJHL
17. Joseph Falloon, ECAC
18. Real Cyr, WHL
19. Jonathan Quick, USHSE
20. Phillipe Roberge, QMJHL
21. Sean Samuel, ECAC
22. Jordan Pearce, USHL
23. David Reekie, WHL
24. Kris Westblom, WHL
25. Matthew Spezza, OHL

Darkhorse:
Mike Lee-Teslak, BCHL

Last edited:

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Kritty said:
I'm thinking Nicklas Backstrom from Finland is gaining some attention with his play at the Worlds. I know he's impressed me. He is one to watch.

He looked really good in the games that I saw him play.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Hedberg16 said:
My Goalie Ranking:
1. Carey Price, WHL
2. Tuuka Rask, Finland
3. JP Levasseur, QMJHL
4. Tyle Plante, WHL
5. Jeff Frazee, NTDP
6. Ondrej Pavelec, Czech Republic
7. Alexandre Vincent, QMJHL
8. Pier-Olivier Pelletier, QMJHL
9. Niklas Backstrom, Finland
10. Darren Macheseny, OHL
11. Ben Bishop, NAHL
12. Bryan Bridges, WHL
13. Maxime Joyal, QMJHL
14. Ryan Moir, QMJHL
15. Kevin Lalande, OHL
16. Jeremy Ducehsne, QMJHL
17. Jordan Pearce, USHL
18. Real Cyr, WHL
19. Jonathan Quick, USHSE
20. Phillipe Roberge, QMJHL
21. Sean Samuel, ECAC
22. Joseph Falloon, ECAC
23. David Reekie, WHL
24. Kris Westblom, WHL
25. Matthew Spezza, OHL

Darkhorse:
Mike Lee-Teslak, BCHL

Wow, you'd rank Samuel over Fallon?! :huh:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Wouldn't surprize me at all to see Plante pass Levasseur. He continues to shine in the spotlight. In the last two years I think he is 10-0 in games where his team is facing elimination. Last year he won a national championship and this year as a 17 year old rookie he has his team in the WHL inals. Amazing performance by the WHL Rookie of the Year.

I'm probably going to get crapped on but I consider Plante right up with Price. He's playing like a champion and he comes up huge in big games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Oilers Chick said:
I hear that Matt Lundin might be taking a year off from Maine to play in the USHL, if Bishop comes up and provided that Howard doesn't leave Maine early. Have you heard/read this too?

I have heard that. It would be interesting if Bishop was thrown to the fire so early. He's the sort of goaltender that could probably use a year on the bench to continue to grow into his frame and work on the fundamentals.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oilers Chick said:
I hear that Matt Lundin might be taking a year off from Maine to play in the USHL, if Bishop comes up and provided that Howard doesn't leave Maine early. Have you heard/read this too?

Really? that's ashame, I liked what I saw from the younger Lundin but I don't know anything about Bishop.

Falloon I like a lot, and from the little I saw I was impressed with Brown's D'Alba

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
CurtisJD13 said:
Carey Price - Hockey God...

All the rest of the available draftees this year :biglaugh:

It's not even close, IMO.

Jeff Frazee might have to say something about that after the u18's where he was definately the better goaltender.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Le Golie said:
Wouldn't surprize me at all to see Plante pass Levasseur. He continues to shine in the spotlight. In the last two years I think he is 10-0 in games where his team is facing elimination. Last year he won a national championship and this year as a 17 year old rookie he has his team in the WHL inals. Amazing performance by the WHL Rookie of the Year.

I'm probably going to get crapped on but I consider Plante right up with Price. He's playing like a champion and he comes up huge in big games.

only knocks on plante: how fast he drops(can be corrected) and rebound control(can also be fixed)

i think he has a career in hockey personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad