who are the best goalies available to draft this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vik

Nov 18, 2004
allin4466 said:
only knocks on plante: how fast he drops(can be corrected) and rebound control(can also be fixed)

i think he has a career in hockey personally

It isn't always how fast he drops, he's cost us a few goals (I'm from Brandon) because he goes down when there isn't even a shot coming. For example, the one goal Kelowna got on us, he was down and then the pass came in front to...I think Keller and he took a high shot which Plante got but because he had to slide and throw his shoulder up to get it he was way out of position for the rebound which was easily put in.
But as you said, that can be corrected.

The only other knock I really have on Plante is he loses his stick way too often for a goalie.

Remember though, he didn't start playing hockey until he was 12 years old.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Vik said:
It isn't always how fast he drops, he's cost us a few goals (I'm from Brandon) because he goes down when there isn't even a shot coming. For example, the one goal Kelowna got on us, he was down and then the pass came in front to...I think Keller and he took a high shot which Plante got but because he had to slide and throw his shoulder up to get it he was way out of position for the rebound which was easily put in.
But as you said, that can be corrected.

The only other knock I really have on Plante is he loses his stick way too often for a goalie.

Remember though, he didn't start playing hockey until he was 12 years old.

Only knocks that i have heard on Plante.....talking to his AAA coach last year and many other hockey ppl that travel the BDN circles.......he gets in his own head to much.......he will sometimes let in a weak goal and start thinking about it......before he knows it 2 or 3 more have went in and the game is now out of reach........I did notice this a few times in the regular season this year......Good news I dont think that its happened even once in the playoffs......also I dont recall it happening last year in his AAA playoffs or run to the midget champ.

he does go down fast but he has the potential to be a heck of a butterfly goaltender. :D

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Habsfan 32 said:
He looked really good in the games that I saw him play.
It's so odd that his backup, Rinne is drafted but he isn't, even if he is one of the most complete goalies I've ever seen playing in europe at his age.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
CurtisJD13 said:
Carey Price - Hockey God...

All the rest of the available draftees this year :biglaugh:

It's not even close, IMO.
Then you haven't seen enough of Tuukka Rask. It's so close that Rask might even be ahead of Price...

gallagher

always get a

I saw some draft advice once that I found interesting. The scout/HF know-it-all/whomever he was said (paraphrasing)

always draft one goalie from the QMJHL, every single year, even if it's the last round. You're bound to get a great one sooner or later.

Don't know how that works out statistically, but I've always thought it to be an interesting comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad