Who´s better and more hyped? the franchise player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
If you compare Sid to Big E

Lindros was better? He was more phisical, I mean without his injuris he would be a hall of famer without a doubt. the real deal.

What u guys think....?

I think Sid has a better overall game than last year but since his injury by a check from Cabana he doesn´t play on the same level like of the beginning of the season.

Before Sid averaged over 3pts per game. Now they are 2pts.

I think it´s a disappointing season by sid. We expected at least 3 pts every night.

Maybe Sid isn´t that great?

Some say Sid is the best since Mario.
Some say Alex is the best since Big E.
But the best of the last 10 years is jagr. He´s above all. when motivated.

If u could create ur own dynasty. Which would be ur cornerstone Eric (injury free) or Sid.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
John Flyers Fan said:
An injury free Lindros without question.

I agree. I think alot of people forget how dominant a player Lindros was in his prime. Just as skilled as Crosby and twice his size, with a disposition to match. Lindros was a key contributor at the Canada Cup when Crosby will be doing the same at the WJC's.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
An injury-free Lindros ? Gimme 10.

But I think you've being too harsh on Crosby. He's not on the scoresheet as much as you may want but it's still 2 PPG. Personnally I got to watch Crosby many times in the past 2 years. I got to see Daigle in his junior years as well as Lecavalier. Crosby is head and shoulder above anyone I've ever watch in Junior hockey.

Watching him play hockey is something special there's not too many player that each time they make a play your like :eek: .

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
An injury free Lindros could have been the most dominate player of all time.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
That's because he hasn't improved his PPG average compared to last year, he's supposed to improve as he gets older no? I do agree with McKenzie that said that when a prospect busts on the scene people praise him for all his qualities, but on his draft year everyone gets serious and try to find all of his flaws, it always turns out like that.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
I agree. I think alot of people forget how dominant a player Lindros was in his prime. Just as skilled as Crosby and twice his size, with a disposition to match. Lindros was a key contributor at the Canada Cup when Crosby will be doing the same at the WJC's.

Crosby will be younger during NEXT YEARS WJC's than Lindros was then, at the Canada Cup. We know what Eric did and it certainly was impressive in a lot of ways but if you're going to compare them, compare them at the same age. Eric, as good as he was, didn't have Sid's skill level and Sid certanly doesn't have Eric's size.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
Crosby will be younger during NEXT YEARS WJC's than Lindros was then, at the Canada Cup. We know what Eric did and it certainly was impressive in a lot of ways but if you're going to compare them, compare them at the same age. Eric, as good as he was, didn't have Sid's skill level and Sid certanly doesn't have Eric's size.

I think the point is is that lindros was doing against grown men while crosby will be doing it against people his own age. If crosby is on the next world cup team and does as well as lindros did then ok but you cant compare the WJC's to canada cup level wise . they are two different levels age and skill wise

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
kingpest19 said:
I think the point is is that lindros was doing against grown men while crosby will be doing it against people his own age. If crosby is on the next world cup team and does as well as lindros did then ok but you cant compare the WJC's to canada cup level wise . they are two different levels age and skill wise

I know. Incredible as it may seem it would be like Sid making the same impact at the 2006 Olympics. It just isn't a fait accompli that Eric's performance is better at that age for obvious reasons; Sid is far from that age yet.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
If Crosby can make the olympic team at 19 and have the same impact as lindros more power to him. But to compare lindros having an impact at the canada cup to crosby having an impact at the WJC's is like comparing a ferrari to a yugo , 2 different things. As far as skill wise goes at the same age its about even. Size wise theres no comparison

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
kingpest19 said:
If Crosby can make the olympic team at 19 and have the same impact as lindros more power to him. But to compare lindros having an impact at the canada cup to crosby having an impact at the WJC's is like comparing a ferrari to a yugo , 2 different things. As far as skill wise goes at the same age its about even. Size wise theres no comparison

Make that 18!

If you squint really hard you can pretend their size is "about even" as well.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
for arguments sake lets go off their 2nd seasons in juniors. at the end of lindros 2nd year of junior he had 71 g 78 149pts in 57 games. Crosby hasnt finished his 2nd year of juniors but to match that hed have to score 81 pts in 25 games. thats almost a 4 pt a game pace. As good as Crosby is i dont see him going on a rampage point wise like that even in the Q. So to say that lindros skill wise wasnt on the same level is ignorant. Crosby is a great young player but hard as it may seem to believe chances are he wont live up to the hype and pressure surrounding him

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
kingpest19 said:
for arguments sake lets go off their 2nd seasons in juniors. at the end of lindros 2nd year of junior he had 71 g 78 149pts in 57 games. Crosby hasnt finished his 2nd year of juniors but to match that hed have to score 81 pts in 25 games. thats almost a 4 pt a game pace. As good as Crosby is i dont see him going on a rampage point wise like that even in the Q. So to say that lindros skill wise wasnt on the same level is ignorant. Crosby is a great young player but hard as it may seem to believe chances are he wont live up to the hype and pressure surrounding him
You guys can't understand that it was a different era. When Lindros was in junior he was much much much bigger then everyone else and could skate with his head down all game. It was also a much higher scoring era.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I understand that theres a difference in the eras but would crosby put up the same numbers playing the dub or the O? The Q has been known for a long time as a run and gun style of play. the point i was trying to make is that you cant compare lindros playing in the canada cup at 19 to crosby playing in the WJC's at 17. Theres just no way to compare

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
kingpest19 said:
I understand that theres a difference in the eras but would crosby put up the same numbers playing the dub or the O? The Q has been known for a long time as a run and gun style of play. the point i was trying to make is that you cant compare lindros playing in the canada cup at 19 to crosby playing in the WJC's at 17. Theres just no way to compare
The Q is not run and gun like it once was. The OHL is averaging more goals then the Q now a days. The WHL is slightly less in goals.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Lindros didn't have the hockey brains that Gretzky and Mario had. Lindros was average in his vision and his decision making was pretty poor too much of the time. Gretzky and Mario both saw the bigger picture and used that as much to their advantage as their other skills. :teach:

It sounds like Crosby thinks the game well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JohnGalt said:
Lindros didn't have the hockey brains that Gretzky and Mario had. Lindros was average in his vision and his decision making was pretty poor too much of the time. Gretzky and Mario both saw the bigger picture and used that as much to their advantage as their other skills. :teach:

It sounds like Crosby thinks the game well.

People are really underestimating Lindros' skill level.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crosby might not be as "sexy" a prospect as he was last year, but personally I think he's a "better" one. He's shown the ability to maintain a good scoring pace while improving all the other facets of his game that are the difference between a successful transition to the pro game and being just another flashy junior scorer. He looks a lot like Peter Forsberg this year with his all-around play and passing ability.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
People are really underestimating Lindros' skill level.
His skill level was indeed high but in the OHL he would skate up and down the ice with his head down bouncing players both left nd right in the process. If Eric Lindros was in the OHL now he may have had 2 concussionsby the age of 18.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JasonMacIsaac said:
His skill level was indeed high but in the OHL he would skate up and down the ice with his head down bouncing players both left nd right in the process. If Eric Lindros was in the OHL now he may have had 2 concussionsby the age of 18.

While that might be true, it doesn't take away from his accomplishments, which are considerable. Besides, I'm talking about actual SKILL. Lindros isn't Lemieux, but what he can do with the puck is elite.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
We all have the benefit of hindsight with Eric Lindros. However Lindros at 18 was an absolute elite player who could do it all - score, hit, fight. His size and strength were beyond anyone in junior and near the top for NHL players.

I first saw Lindros live at the World Juniors in Saskatoon and limited viewing when he dominated physically in Canada Cup play as a 19 year old. He knocked two players out of that tournament with lethal body checks. He showed the skill and ability to play with the world's best .. at 19. Hall of fame potential derailed by injury and likely personality.

I really like Crosby even more since watching him being mauled at the Canadian Junior Summer Camp. He stood up to Phaneuf and several big d-men who tried to dole out a little extra to the 'next one.' Crosby has that special Gretzky-Lemieux vision and passing skills, and an extra gear with his skating ability. He has excelled in all leagues and is a special player but I am still a wee bit curious to see how Sydney adapts to facing off against big league defenders like Stevens, Pronger, and the like.

Given my druthers if I were to choose between these two players as 18 year olds, I would have to go with Lindros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad