Recalled/Assigned: White called up to Ottawa (Jan. 6)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Cool. It’s about time we have a Right shot, 6 of our wingers are Left shot and Ryan seems to play his off wing a lot.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
We should have a pool to see how much ice time he gets/ doesn't get. LOL

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We should have a pool to see how much ice time he gets/ doesn't get. LOL

Over and under 5 minutes?

Guy Boucher did give him 7 minutes in a very important game against Detroit last season, but if I remember at the time a lot of our forwards were out which might have been the only reason he played. He played 20 in the NYI game to close out the season, but that was a glorified exhibition.

He played less than 3 minutes against the Penguins in the one playoff game he dressed for. That's a bit of a different beast though.

I guess it depends on whether Guy Boucher trusts him to PK. With Thompson out, maybe White ends up getting a lot of special team minutes that way.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Just like Doughty was due, White is due a goal. Hopefully against Vasilevksy tonight in the 3 mins of ice time he gets in period 1.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Just like Doughty was due, White is due a goal. Hopefully against Vasilevksy tonight in the 3 mins of ice time he gets in period 1.
Post game presser Guy Boucher : Oh yeah, he did well. But you can see why he is in the AHL. The little rookie mistake..

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Why?

0 points in his last 5 games
Under 0.5 PPG on the year

Better be a short stint. Kid needs more time.
I suspect it will be a very short stint. Probably just up to fill in for Thompson.

That said, I don't mind if he only get 6 or 7 mins of ice time - so long as that's what Burrows and Dumont play, too. I missed last nights game but imo last nights minute distribution was perfect.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Why?

0 points in his last 5 games
Under 0.5 PPG on the year

Better be a short stint. Kid needs more time.

I don't mind giving him a taste of the NHL, gives him some motivation of how much better he needs to get to stay up here full time. But yeah, his AHL numbers aren't very good, it's not as if he's forced his way up here. Barring something unforeseen, it'll likely be a short stint up here where he's eased into the lineup, and complaints will be made about that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its good to give him some encouragement. Chlapik has 2 more pts , same # of games... Paul has 8 pts in 20 games ... I think the only way to really gauge how they are playing is to watch the games vs just the stats. Let's see how he does and if he gets much of a chance to play.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
From all article i saw about the Bsens, White is almost always mention as a standout.

They are also pointing at the lack of quality linemate and ice time he is receiving.

So White, aside from stats, might really deserve his call up.

Btw, before those 0 pts in the last 5 games, he had 7 pts in his last 9 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm not exactly sure what White has done to deserve the high-end minutes some posters here thinks he should get at the NHL level.

He hasn't dominated minor league competition at all, at any time as a professional player, and people thinks he deserves more than 4th or 3rd line minutes?

I love the kid, and I'm super-excited for his future, but he's clearly not ready for top-6 (and if we're being honest, top-9) minutes, especially against a team that boasts the elite talent that Tampa does.

He will be a good player at the NHL level someday, but right now, today, as I type this, he's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad