Recalled/Assigned: White called up to Ottawa (Jan. 6)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Will be watching. No pressure Colin ;)
Guessing White specifically so they can get a better idea of/show what he is. Trade/keep?

Last edited:

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I haven't watched any Belleville games this season, but isn't the main problem there not giving the young guys enough ice-time? I'm in favour of letting White play the rest of the year in Belleville and I'm sure he got the call-up because they're happy with his play and want to reward him with a game or two.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Get ready to enjoy your 7mins of icetime with Dumont and Burrows kid.

Just how many minutes do you think he should play?

He has a grand total of 2 meaningless games (at the end of last season) at the NHL level, and 30 games at the AHL level.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I haven't watched any Belleville games this season, but isn't the main problem there not giving the young guys enough ice-time? I'm in favour of letting White play the rest of the year in Belleville and I'm sure he got the call-up because they're happy with his play and want to reward him with a game or two.

Whenever the Senators have needed a call up, to fill in for an injured player, they've always sent up the "most deserving" player, and with Thompson out (LBI) they needed a center, and White got the call.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
White will be lucky to get 6 shifts of about 5 mins total from Boucher unless the game gets way out of hand.

EDIT:
Looks like we posted nearly at the same time Pierre

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I'm not exactly sure what White has done to deserve the high-end minutes some posters here thinks he should get at the NHL level.

He hasn't dominated minor league competition at all, at any time as a professional player, and people thinks he deserves more than 4th or 3rd line minutes?

I love the kid, and I'm super-excited for his future, but he's clearly not ready for top-6 (and if we're being honest, top-9) minutes, especially against a team that boasts the elite talent that Tampa does.

He will be a good player at the NHL level someday, but right now, today, as I type this, he's not.

It doesn't hurt to try...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm not exactly sure what White has done to deserve the high-end minutes some posters here thinks he should get at the NHL level.

He hasn't dominated minor league competition at all, at any time as a professional player, and people thinks he deserves more than 4th or 3rd line minutes?

I love the kid, and I'm super-excited for his future, but he's clearly not ready for top-6 (and if we're being honest, top-9) minutes, especially against a team that boasts the elite talent that Tampa does.

He will be a good player at the NHL level someday, but right now, today, as I type this, he's not.
I don't really agree with players having to deserve to play up with the big club. He's one of our top prospects and I'm certain he could bring more to the table than what some of our players have this season. I mean isn't he playing on a terrible team in Belleville? Isnt that 'ruining' his development per se? McCormick I guess deserved to play with the big club but he hasn't amounted to anything.

Seasons a write off. Inject youth and see where the future is headed. You got nothing to lose at this point. Especially since the guys who are blocking their entry to the NHL arent in the long term plans.

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017
Hard to see him playing on any line besides the fourth. Top two lines were good last night. It would be nice to see him on the third line and Pyatt on the fourth, but that seems unlikely.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

No one can really mount a good substantiated argument against this,,, To me he is a good prospect , ... he's getting a look... He can play , I think the AHL is a good level for him now to improve and develop and get stronger... He thinks the game well and he does some things really well, just needs to round it out.

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

High end? I just want to give him more than 2 minutes in the first and 30 seconds in the second.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Kinda weird I’m not even a huge fan of white but I’m fighting for his ice time lmao.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
High end? I just want to give him more than 2 minutes in the first and 30 seconds in the second.

So you are worried that he will get less than 2:30 of ice time in the first two periods of the game?

I know it's a lost year and everything, but that's some Olympics-tier pessimism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->