OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
TBH, that's an inherently cheesy concept.

The Canes have enough of a brand identity at this point that you don't need to slap a hockey stick on the primary logo for people to know it's a hockey team. The primary element has to be a hurricane or a hurricane related thing, not a generic piece of hockey equipment.

With the current logos the primary focuses are a hurricane and a pair of hurricane flags. Flown off of the hockey stick since they need a pole regardless, but the focus is very clearly the hurricane flags. Because they're not the Carolina Hockey Sticks.

If you want to change the logo, you need a logo that represents either a hurricane or something hurricane related better than our current set. Nothing I've seen gets there. Some have come close, and might have been better on day 1, but aren't anywhere close to good enough to override 25 years or so of brand identity.

You missed the main point of my post, which was IF they want to go with a letter (I hope they would do better), an H might be preferable to a C given there are already two teams that wear a C as their primary logo (I know Montreal's also has an H on it, but the C is much more prominent).

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
You missed the main point of my post, which was IF they want to go with a letter (I hope they would do better), an H might be preferable to a C given there are already two teams that wear a C as their primary logo (I know Montreal's also has an H on it, but the C is much more prominent).
I'm not talking about using the H, I'm talking about your idea to make the H out of hockey sticks.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I know I've come up with a few concepts in the past, but really I do struggle with coming up with a better logo for the Hurricanes than what we have right now. Any stylized interpretation of a storm itself always looks half baked and interior to the main logo we already have. The two flag logo, it's perfect. The Stormy logo (with the addition of pants) is a great throwback look that ties with the collegiate history of the area, and I've come around to realizing that the C with 2 flags we already have as part of the wordmark works extremely well also.

If anything I might go MLB treatment with it and promote that C to the main logo while keeping the rest of the brand (jersey logos and everything) intact because it's so simple and yet unmistakeably Canes. We should be selling baseball hats with that logo on it from The Eye, and it would fly off the shelves because it's just a natural fit for it. I'm even curious to see what it would look like as the main crest for a 3rd jersey.

I feel like we have stumbled into a really strong brand right now and none of the concepts they've shown is nor what I've seen online improves upon it.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Guys…

Attachments

• IMG_0629.png
    IMG_0629.png
    507.7 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad