Which Team Has the Brighter Future, EDM or BUF?

Which Team Has the Brighter Future, EDM or BUF?

• Total voters

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Neither are in ideal situations now, or going forward on the ice or in regards to prospects.

Both terribly constructed teams, but at least the Sabres have some cap space and a slightly easier time attracting free agents than getting players to sign in Edmonton.

Reactions: SabresEichel

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
The Oilers just can't draft outside the first round. Hopefully Holland will change their drafting record.

I dunno, their farm team consisting of players like Benson, Jones, Bear etc are doing fine.

Prior to 2015 I think that’s fair to say. Post 2015, the Oilers haven’t done awful at drafting past the first.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Neither are in ideal situations now, or going forward on the ice or in regards to prospects.

Both terribly constructed teams, but at least the Sabres have some cap space and a slightly easier time attracting free agents than getting players to sign in Edmonton.

Buffalo has better prospects then the leafs right now.

UPL is a future number one goalie. Ullmark could be too.
Olofsson could be a top line winger and will probably be a top six forward
Mittlestadt will be at worst a third line center
Reinhart is still on the team and he can play center, inept coaches like Housley wouldn’t try this though.
Nylander is a sleeper because there’s no expectation anymore.
Borgen and Pilut along with Montour significantly improves the back end for the future.
Asplund, Pekar two first round picks this year, both in the top fifteen, one that is top ten.

Having Eichel and Dahlin a franchise dman and center both under 23 to build around. Yeah not quite an ideal situation. A good coach now too.

I really think you just hate both teams since your opinion lacks absolutely no credibility since were talking about the future here. You even tried to make the guy in the point sergachev - Eichel dahlin thread look bad because he said Eichel would have more Pts then Point, had he played a full year he could have and by the way if point was in buffalo and Eichel wasn’t in points spot with Stamkos and kucherov half the time. Yeah game over for the NHL and point struggles to get fifty.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Reinhart is still on the team and he can play center, inept coaches like Housley wouldn’t try this though.
Borgen and Pilut along with Montour significantly improves the back end for the future.
Asplund, Pekar two first round picks this year, both in the top fifteen, one that is top ten.

Having Eichel and Dahlin a franchise dman and center both under 23 to build around. Yeah not quite an ideal situation. A good coach now too.

I really think you just hate both teams since your opinion lacks absolutely no credibility since were talking about the future here. You even tried to make the guy in the point sergachev - Eichel dahlin thread look bad because he said Eichel would have more Pts then Point, had he played a full year he could have and by the way if point was in buffalo and Eichel wasn’t in points spot with Stamkos and kucherov half the time. Yeah game over for the NHL and point struggles to get fifty.

lol man those are some lofty expectations.

Skinner is nearly as good as UPL. We also have Rodrigue, Starrett, and Hawkey.
Benson had a better ppg in the AHL this season than Olofsson, and he's nearly 3 years younger.
Draisaitl >>>>> Reinhart.
Nuge >>>>>> Nylander
Bouchard + Samorukov >>>> Borgen and Pilut.
Kailer Yamamoto
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones
Ethan Bear
William Lagesson
Cooper Marody
McDavid
Nurse
Klefbom
Larsson

I'd say the Oilers are in a much better position.

Reactions: Voight

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Lol at you making this about the Leafs and taking it personally. Not surprising though, it's like clockwork.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Oilers and Sabres fan fighting.....

giphy.gif

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Wasn't there a thread about this some 3 years ago? Why do you people keep doing this to yourselves? Rise above.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Benson had a better ppg in the AHL this season than Olofsson, and he's nearly 3 years younger.
Nuge >>>>>> Nylander
Kailer Yamamoto
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones
Ethan Bear
William Lagesson
Cooper Marody
McDavid
Nurse
Klefbom
Larsson

UPL is one of the best goalie prospects in the world and he just won player of the year in the OHL. I have a hard time believing Stuart Skinner is even in the same tier of prospect based on his stats.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Nuge >>>>>> Nylander
Kailer Yamamoto
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones
Ethan Bear
William Lagesson
Cooper Marody
McDavid
Nurse
Klefbom
Larsson

It’s rich when someone makes their point and ends with “I’d say they’re in a MUCH better position.”

When the point made isn’t strong enough itself they add the word “MUCH” better”, .....no it isn’t much better for either side or else it wouldn’t be so close.

And nice list of prospects. Just naming names to name names? “We also have” this goalie this goalie and this goalie.

Congrats. You know your teams prospects and have approx the same number what all 30 other teams have.

Olofsson has a better upside offensively as a pure sniper. Benson is the type of forward who would round out as a third liner while Olofsson could be a top six scorer one day. I don’t care if his ahl point per game was better. Don’t people realize point per game is highly influenced by who you play with as opposed to who you are. Look at anyone on a stacked line, they’re points jump up dramatically. And even at the end of the day it’s just the ahl, there’s absolutely no evidence that ahl success for a team or a player is in anyway indicative in the future NHL career. Or with PPG zig a guy who plays with the best player in the world on every power play and every shift, and failed every single time two different coaches tried having him anchor and a second Leon draisaitl in a nutshell. Hands down the most overrated player in the entire league.

Last edited:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
It’s rich when someone makes their point and ends with “I’d say they’re in a MUCH better position.”

When the point made isn’t strong enough itself they add the word “MUCH” better”, .....no it isn’t much better for either side or else it wouldn’t be so close.

And nice list of prospects. Just naming names to name names? “We also have” this goalie this goalie and this goalie.

Congrats. You know your teams prospects and have approx the same number what all 30 other teams have.

Olofsson has a better upside offensively as a pure sniper. Benson is the type of forward who would round out as a third liner while Olofsson could be a top six scorer one day. I don’t care if his ahl point per game was better. Don’t people realize point per game is highly influenced by who you play with as opposed to who you are. Look at anyone on a stacked line, they’re points jump up dramatically. And even at the end of the day it’s just the ahl, there’s absolutely no evidence that ahl success for a team or a player is in anyway indicative in the future NHL career. Or with PPG zig a guy who plays with the best player in the world on every power play and every shift, and failed every single time two different coaches tried having him anchor and a second Leon draisaitl in a nutshell. Hands down the most overrated player in the entire league.

You’ve gone from

“Draisaitl can’t tie his skates without McDavid”
To

“Nobody is saying anything bad about Draisaitl he’s a good player”

To

“Hands down the most overrated player in the entire league”

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Edmonton has the better top end stars and a better prospect group.

Buffalos’ top guys, while still strong, are weaker than Edmonton’s. But they have better depth and fewer bad contracts.

If both teams fix their holes, Edmonton will turn out better because history has proven having a generational talent makes its a hell of a lot easier to win cups.
Buffalo will have the easier (and more likely) turnaround.

I’ll homer vote Edmonton. But I think it’s close.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Edmonton, only because of the division that Buffalo plays in.

Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Montreal and Florida if they can figure out their goalie situation? That's rough.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Now that we have coaching god Krueger in addition to Dahlin and Jack, the holy trinity is in place and our uprising can begin. Or we could suck again. I don't know, I've been here every summer for 3 or 4 years saying this is the year, so I'm just gonna sit back and hope that the dam of dissapointment finally bursts this season.

It's pretty remarkable how similar the two situations are though. There are so many parallels between the two franchises, both now and over the last decade. They've almost been mirror images of each other.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
You’ve gone from

“Draisaitl can’t tie his skates without McDavid”
To

“Nobody is saying anything bad about Draisaitl he’s a good player”

To

“Hands down the most overrated player in the entire league”
All of these statements are true though :D

Ad