Prospect Info: Which prospect/draft position do you think are the most important to fill by priority?

Which prospect/draft position do you think are the most important to fill by priority?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Probably a #1D, but since this draft is filled with talented forwards, I'd say any position is fine.

We cannot draft a goalie based on needs. Goalies take at least half a decade to develop, and by the time they're ready, rosters needs won't be the same. You draft goalies only to fulfill the pipeline. But to fill roster spots, better take the trade or UFA route.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Based on what we have in our system, a #1 goalie is what we lack/need the most.

Our top goalie prospects (Primeau, Dobes) have a long way before becoming a #1 goalie if they even reach that level.

#2 center we have Dach who could play that position right now. We also have Beck and Kidney coming up.

RW #2 we have a bunch of prospects that could fill that role (Roy, Farrell, Mesar, Heineman, Ylonen).

#1D-2D, we have Guhle who looks like a future #1. Mailloux and Hutson have top pairing potential as well. Xhekaj, Barron, and Harris could all become a really good 2nd pairing dman.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think D is the hardest to acquire, but we have so many good D if he have #2, 2x#3, 2x#4 you can still make it work even if you don’t have that #1.
Center would be the 2nd hardest to acquire so this is where I put the priority.
Winger can be acquired more easily.
Goalie is almost random but they are the cheapest to acquire you just keep drafting one will pop up or UFA/ trade.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
1. #1 D
2. #1 C
3. Wingers

I value the #1 D a little bit more than than the #1C since will play and have a bigger impact on the game.

Goalies, I am not too worried. One of the later rounds goalie pick will eventually pan out.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
You shouldn’t care about which order these positions are filled.
Are you going to pass on a #1RD because you don’t have a goalie yet? Those players are difficult enough to find that you should jump on the occasion when it presents itself.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Goalie is by far the biggest issue unless you believe in Monty. With Primeau he showed so much in the NCAA and for the most part in the AHL but in the NHL it's been ugly although with goalies you never know as they are tough to get a good read on imo. Dobes I really like but until he turns pro and we see how that goes, there are just massive questions for the future.

If you are talking about the draft, you draft the best player no question.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
For me, it's most situational as it's hard to know where they are picking and who's going to be on the board. If all is equal and they have their choice, it's either a high-end C or 1RHD for me. I'd only take a winger at this point if they truly believe he has game-breaking talent and is clearly the BPA.

I love Suzuki, but IMO he needs a 1B to take some pressure off him so he can really shine, and obviously, the right side of the D is sorely lacking right now, but I wouldn't force a pick based on need. I would certainly take some late-round shots at a goalie as well.

Reactions: cphabs and Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad