Which player are you most excited to watch in 2017-18?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Bennett for me.

I think throughout the contract negotiations he was reminded by the team what he has to do to get to the next step. I think he's the type of person to take that to heart and have it show in his game this year. Big hits, aggressive offense, committed defense, good overall teammate.

His development is critical to the team becoming contenders.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
In a previous post, I said Jankowski would be the player I would be most excited to watch.

That said, the player I will watch most closely will be Smith and there certainly will be emotions involved while watching him. Just can't say for certain whether it will be excitement or depression. Hopefully the former.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
So many to pick from, it's like the start of every new season for me, so much optimism.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Bennett for me.

I think throughout the contract negotiations he was reminded by the team what he has to do to get to the next step.

I just listened to Treliving's interview today.

He essentially said that there's nothing specific Bennett has to work on to take the next step. The things he pointed to were No Contract Year Pressure/Stronger/Faster/More Experience, but he didn't say there was an aspect of his game holding him back - in fact he kind of said the opposite with how his description of Sam Bennett sounded like something I would post and get ragged on at the mainboards by CFHF members who are actually Closet Oiler Fans.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gaudreau is never going to be the wrong answer here. Would love to see Tkachuk and Bennett see some time together. Brodie I need to see rushing the puck as often as possible.

I hope I'm not the only one who was perfectly fine with Smith over Bishop or Fleury. With this blueline you shouldn't need some BS Vezina goaltending. At least he's started 60 games before. Starting the year with questions in net is about my favourite thing anyway. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad