Which of these hot takes do you agree with?

Which do you agree with (you can select multiple)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
How my takes are looking so far:

1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league. GOOD

2. Tampa will be a wild card team. GOOD

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin. MAYBE

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs. MAYBE

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro. BAD

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina. GOOD

7. Toronto will make the SCF. BAD

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5. GOOD

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina. MAYBE

10. McAvoy will win the Norris. GOOD
How is McAvoy to win the Norris looking good?

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
How is McAvoy to win the Norris looking good?
Mainly because Makar, Fox, Hedman and Josi have all had pedestrian starts.

McAvoy hasn’t even allowed a single shot while he has been on the ice and hasn’t even had one offensive zone start!
Weird that this, of all these takes, is the one I get called out on most, eh? Like, McAvoy is really, really good.

Pair that with slower starts from a few guys and I think he's right there in the conversation.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Weird that this, of all these takes, is the one I get called out on most, eh? Like, McAvoy is really, really good.

Pair that with slower starts from a few guys and I think he's right there in the conversation.

Oh I’m very very pro McAvoy. It’s just very very hard to make a case when you are down 20 games. See Makar in the season Fox won. I think your prediction is a year early. Getting away from the Julien/Cassidy school of how often d-men get involved in the offense is gonna be huge for him.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I compliment Flames GM keeping a competitive team after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk
They look better than last year team so far this season

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

Yes, but all of them HAVE had starts.

Also Makar has 7 points through 7 games, the fact that you're calling that "pedestrian" is proof he's miles ahead of a guy who will miss two full months.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Yes, but all of them HAVE had starts.

Also Makar has 7 points through 7 games, the fact that you're calling that "pedestrian" is proof he's miles ahead of a guy who will miss two full months.
Fox also has 2 G 5 A in 8 games. Hedman has 7 A in 8 games. Not sure how either Makar, Fox or Hedman have pedestrian starts at least from an offensive production standpoint.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league. Not sure

2. Tampa will be a wild card team. Not sure

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin. Good

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs. Not sure, currently hanging on to WC

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro. So, so bad

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina. Also bad

7. Toronto will make the SCF. A lock :)

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5. Good

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina. Good, top 3-5 right now

10. McAvoy will win the Norris. Good, I still believe it

*mistake on Columbus' division in the poll

Looking pretty good still :)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league. Not sure

2. Tampa will be a wild card team. Not sure

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin. Good

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs. Not sure, currently hanging on to WC

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro. So, so bad

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina. Also bad

7. Toronto will make the SCF. A lock :)

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5. Good

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina. Good, top 3-5 right now

10. McAvoy will win the Norris. Good, I still believe it

*mistake on Columbus' division in the poll

Looking pretty good still :)

How is Pittsburgh over Carolina "bad"? They are 3 points back with 75% of the year to go. It's as possible now as it was back then.

I voted Ottawa & Pittsburgh to start the year, and sticking to it. Others:

Calgary - nope, will be nowhere near top 3
Tampa - They 100% make playoffs. Small chance it could be as wildcard, more likely as divisional top 3 though
NYR - I said this one was possible too. I think it's more likely they make it then not, but still early
Columbus - Nope
Toronto - The answer is no. But if you voted yes before, nothing's changed. They'll make the playoffs, what you expect to happen there is up to you
Montreal - better than expected already, but I expect they slow down. Bottom 10 for sure, bottom 5 likely
Sorokin - It's possible, he's one of the better goalies, but no he won't win
McAvoy - lol no, not this year. he'd have to play a full season to have a shot

Reactions: centipede2233

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
How is Pittsburgh over Carolina "bad"? They are 3 points back with 75% of the year to go. It's as possible now as it was back then.

I voted Ottawa & Pittsburgh to start the year, and sticking to it. Others:

Calgary - nope, will be nowhere near top 3
Tampa - They 100% make playoffs. Small chance it could be as wildcard, more likely as divisional top 3 though
NYR - I said this one was possible too. I think it's more likely they make it then not, but still early
Columbus - Nope
Toronto - The answer is no. But if you voted yes before, nothing's changed. They'll make the playoffs, what you expect to happen there is up to you
Montreal - better than expected already, but I expect they slow down. Bottom 10 for sure, bottom 5 likely
Sorokin - It's possible, he's one of the better goalies, but no he won't win
McAvoy - lol no, not this year. he'd have to play a full season to have a shot
Likewise. Ottawa was the easiest to pick. The summer of dorion didn’t address his defence, and I’m not sold on Carolina’s scoring depth and goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad