Which of these hot takes do you agree with?

Which do you agree with (you can select multiple)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league.

2. Tampa will be a wild card team.

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin.

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs.

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro.

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina.

7. Toronto will make the SCF.

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5.

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina.

10. McAvoy will win the Norris.

*mistake on Columbus' division in the poll

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Fun options. I voted for:

3. Ottawa will disappoint.

5. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina (they'll both be top teams, I can see this 50/50, but picked it).

Hesitated over:

- Tampa will be a wildcard. Honestly - they'll make the playoffs, never in doubt. Whether high in standings or not, it's less important to them. If they're a wildcard, they'll be the type of wildcard where you were always sure they'd make it - and they do. So, not a huge stretch

- Rangers taking a big step back. I think it's very possible. Relying on your goalie playing as good as last year isn't exactly sustainable. Flipside is, they do have a ton of talent who can step up to compensate. I think they have a worst regular season, but probably still qualify, maybe as a wildcard.

As for Habs - if Price returns, I'd vote that one in a heartbeat. With no Price, no way. Could they finish 6th or 7th form bottom instead of bottom 5 or lower? I suppose, but hardly makes a difference - they'll be a very poor team.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league.

2. Tampa will be a wild card team.

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin.

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs.

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Atlantic.

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina.

7. Toronto will make the SCF.

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5.

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina.

10. McAvoy will win the Norris.
Blue Jackets are in the Metro, so I think it'll be tough for them to finish 1st or 2nd in the Atlantic

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Sorokin winning the Vezina is really not that much of a hot take. Should've been a finalist this past season.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
None, in the sense that I wouldn't give any of them 50%+ chances of happening. Tampa as a wild card team is the most likely option for me.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Voted #8. I don't see Montreal as locked into last...and 25th overall isn't exactly the territory of "excellence". Nick Suzuki even talked of contending for a wild-card slot.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Just the Ottawa one. Not because they're bad but the hype has been over the top. I think they'll take a year to settle into the new culture there. Plus the other tough teams in the division and conference still being very good.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
How my takes are looking so far:

1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league. GOOD

2. Tampa will be a wild card team. GOOD

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin. MAYBE

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs. MAYBE

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro. BAD

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina. GOOD

7. Toronto will make the SCF. BAD

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5. GOOD

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina. MAYBE

10. McAvoy will win the Norris. GOOD

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Fun options. I voted for:

3. Ottawa will disappoint.

5. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina (they'll both be top teams, I can see this 50/50, but picked it).

Hesitated over:

- Tampa will be a wildcard. Honestly - they'll make the playoffs, never in doubt. Whether high in standings or not, it's less important to them. If they're a wildcard, they'll be the type of wildcard where you were always sure they'd make it - and they do. So, not a huge stretch

- Rangers taking a big step back. I think it's very possible. Relying on your goalie playing as good as last year isn't exactly sustainable. Flipside is, they do have a ton of talent who can step up to compensate. I think they have a worst regular season, but probably still qualify, maybe as a wildcard.

As for Habs - if Price returns, I'd vote that one in a heartbeat. With no Price, no way. Could they finish 6th or 7th form bottom instead of bottom 5 or lower? I suppose, but hardly makes a difference - they'll be a very poor team.

Very early but as disappointing as the Rangers have been the last 3 games the reason they've been disappointing has NOT been over reliance on goaltending. They've arguably outplayed the other team in each game so far, outside of a period here or there (most notably the third period against the Sharks). Last year they'd get outplayed almost every night until the trade deadline acquisitions.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How my takes are looking so far:

1. Calgary will finish top 3 overall in the league. GOOD

2. Tampa will be a wild card team. GOOD

3. Ottawa will disappoint, finishing out of the playoff picture by a fair margin. MAYBE

4. NYR will take a big step back, missing the playoffs. MAYBE

5. Columbus will finish 1st or 2nd in the Metro. BAD

6. Pittsburgh will finish above Carolina. GOOD

7. Toronto will make the SCF. BAD

8. Montreal will be better than expected, finishing out of the bottom 5. GOOD

9. Sorokin will win the Vezina. MAYBE

10. McAvoy will win the Norris. GOOD

McAvoy hasn’t even allowed a single shot while he has been on the ice and hasn’t even had one offensive zone start!

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad