Which Game Will You Be Watching Tonight?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
First year in a long time that I didn't catch WJC fever, but I also kind of hate the Oilers right now.

I'll likely start watching the Oilers game and see how long I last.

OK, we'll welcome you over to the other side at the end of the first period.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Neither. Ark Survival is calling me. My prediction: Oilers win with Sweeney pulling his hair out and going bald while Canada loses with a goal from Caleb Jones 200 feet from the net.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
First year in a long time that I didn't catch WJC fever, but I also kind of hate the Oilers right now.

I'll likely start watching the Oilers game and see how long I last.
Did you watch the games yesterday? I was more entertained by those games than any NHL game this season.

Oilers, don't care about the TSN hype machine tournament.

What does the WJrs have to do with TSN hype? Its great hockey. Hype is avoidable.

Do you hate McDavid? He's hyped more than anything else non-Leaf related by TSN.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The World Jrs by a landslide.

Yeah, its unfortunate but I'm way more excited for the gold medal game than the Oilers game tonight. The NHL just looks so slow after watching the kids play.

Kind of surprised about the voting to be honest. Thought it would be more even, or even leaning towards the gold medal game over a random interconference Oilers game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, its unfortunate but I'm way more excited for the gold medal game than the Oilers game tonight. The NHL just looks so slow after watching the kids play.

Kind of surprised about the voting to be honest. Thought it would be more even, or even leaning towards the gold medal game over a random interconference Oilers game.

Bolded is so damn true.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

This is how a lot of Junior games are in general.

That's what happens when there is actual structure

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Did you watch the games yesterday? I was more entertained by those games than any NHL game this season.

What does the WJrs have to do with TSN hype? Its great hockey. Hype is avoidable.

Do you hate McDavid? He's hyped more than anything else non-Leaf related by TSN.

Yup I'm a sportsnet guy through and through and I love international hockey and the WJC so much less clutch/grab/hook/interference because the refs actually do their job.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The one thing about the games tonight is if you were to PVR one of them I doubt you are going to get any spoilers due to the different networks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yup I'm a sportsnet guy through and through and I love international hockey and the WJC so much less clutch/grab/hook/interference because the refs actually do their job.

I question whether it's an officiating issue anymore or an NHL issue with them not putting a mandate on the refs to call this stuff.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Not too interested in Canada this year at the WJHC. I have only watched bits here and there. Possibly because I'm still so pissed about Barzal not being an Oiler.

The Canada game will be on record, I'll be watching the Oilers chase that playoff spot.

You are right. I hated the trade from the start. If it was Hamonic, no problem. But reinhart? The #14 on Canada is much better then our #14. I think Eberle is on his way outta Edmonton

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton

Very few people would watch if it wasn't for the hype machine at TSN. Why is the tournament held in Canada every two years despite 10 countries participating? Because nobody cares, except TSN who needs eyeballs looking at their channel.

When TSN posts an article on their sight asking if winning the WJC is bigger than winning the Stanley Cup, it's a sign of the hype machine in overdrive.

C'mon man, you're better than that question.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Very few people would watch if it wasn't for the hype machine at TSN. Why is the tournament held in Canada every two years despite 10 countries participating? Because nobody cares, except TSN who needs eyeballs looking at their channel.

When TSN posts an article on their sight asking if winning the WJC is bigger than winning the Stanley Cup, it's a sign of the hype machine in overdrive.

C'mon man, you're better than that question.
Do you not watch the games? TSN hypes it becasue it delivers. That was fantasticly entertaining hockey. But I dont visit TSNs site very often so I dont see drival articles like that.

And its in Canada because we can sell more tickets than anywhere else. They obviously miscalculated the tickets prices for this years tourney, but the attendance record is here in Alberta a few years back, which beat out a previous tournament in Ottawa. Next year is in Buffalo, where they will have an outdoor game. No-where in Europe can compete with the attendace and advertising dollars in North America.

I've just never understood why people hate hype. Like I said, hype is avoidable. Dont click on a link asking if winning the WJC is bigger than winning the Stanley Cup if you dont like stupid articles.

McDavid is ridiculously hyped, and he also delivers. Same thing. I'm sure others are annoyed at the hype he gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad