Player Discussion Which d helps the oilers most?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
If we sing Demers likely Ellis, Hamonic is the best player on the list though. I wouldn't mind short trm deals for one of Hamhuis or Campbell though.

vincent1999

May 5, 2014
As it stands...

That guy
Sekera (NMC)
Klefbom
Reinhart

Eberle
Hall
RNH
Draisaitl

...obviously 'that guy' may cost us one of those four forwards so you adjust accordingly.

And I get it that this board has a hard-on for hating the kid, but Peter Chiarelli and company went hard after this kid and they're not going to risk exposing him and his potential long-term upside for a marginal short-term upgrade. They might trade him, but his current value on the trade market makes that a less than favorable option.

And I highly doubt management soured on that kid as quickly as this board did.

There is still a year for things to shake out, but as it stands losing Reinhart at the expense of a few expensive patch jobs on defense would be a waste of valuable assets.

for an asset like Hall (re: 3rd best left winger in the league), the return has to be a top line rh d-men, let's say one of the best 5- 10 in the league, otherwise don't to it. And I'm not sure one of those top rd are even available???

Getting a second pairing d-men like a Shattenkirk or similar, isn't worth expending an asset like Hall.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Demers. Brings more offense than Hamonic and we won't have to give up a significant player to get him.

Demers can't play the same minutes as Hamonic so they are not the same.

BY FAR Hamonic is the best out of this group and certainly the best for the oilers' needs.

I think Dumba would help the oilers too, as a third pairing offensive dman, but I think the price would be to high for that role.

Both Hamonic and Demers would good. We need a top pairing and second pairing D realistically. If Shattenkirk is willing to sign here he's an even better option

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
for an asset like Hall (re: 3rd best left winger in the league), the return has to be a top line rh d-men, let's say one of the best 5- 10 in the league, otherwise don't to it. And I'm not sure one of those top rd are even available???

Getting a second pairing d-men like a Shattenkirk or similar, isn't worth expending an asset like Hall.

They tried with PK

Hall for Shattenkirk is an awful trade that would instantly make our team better, same with Hall for Hamonic.

Hamonic, for instance, could play almost half the game. That would really make quite the difference having Klef and Hamonic on the ice for half the game. It makes losing a special talent like Hall palatable, especially when we have McDavid and Drai and Nuge and Puluju etc etc. We have needed to bend over and trade someone for years, it's awesome to see Chai is willing to face the wrath to improve the team.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Clum_h7UYAENi34.jpg

Looks good in those colors, anyone would.:handclap:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Subban

A right handed dman, shoots like its going out of style, hits and can move the puck

I'd prefer a defenseman making that much to actually play defense consistently well though. ;)

I'd go with Hamonic on the list.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
This is a bad list.

Should at least include guys like Severson, Spurgeon, Sanheim, Scandella, Santini, Savard and Shattenkirk.

To say nothing of people with names that do not start with S.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad