Which Centre Would You Want?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This thread can pretty much be Lindholm or Monahan now. We aren't getting Barkov.
I think there is a very slim chance. Assuming the Panthers win the lotto I could see this playing out

1. FLA - Jones
2. COL - Drouin
3. TB - MacKinnon
4. NASH - Nichushkin
5. CAR - Nurse
6. CAL - Barkov

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think there is a very slim chance. Assuming the Panthers win the lotto I could see this playing out

1. FLA - Jones
2. COL - Drouin
3. TB - MacKinnon
4. NASH - Nichushkin
5. CAR - Nurse
6. CAL - Barkov

I dont see the Preds passing up on Barkov when they have a winger like Forsberg. They would match up well.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Lindholm barley gets any love? 4th highest PPG average in SEL history for a draft eligible player (behind the Sedins and Forsberg). A dynamic skilled center with a high IQ, who can play in all three zones and is physical for his size. I like Monahan a bit more but Lindholm should be our pick if he is there. He has more upside. But yeah if Bakrov slips to us, he's ours.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Wisebrod and feaster love lindholm they said that he should be in the discussion for #1

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
hey maybe nashville does pick lindholm and put a couple swedes on there top line with forsberg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wisebrod and feaster love lindholm they said that he should be in the discussion for #1

He's good.
He's really good.

A lot of people are completely writing him off on this forum because of Monahan. Everyone around here's been running around with Monahan fever, because the comparison with Toews was used, and people got behind that pretty hard. I can say, that mostly everyone on this forum has never seen him play a single game, maybe watched a highlight package... but mostly everyone's opinion is coming from other posters here.

Both will be dynamic in the NHL. Lindholm will be a million times more fun to watch, Monahan will be the far superior leader on the ice. Both are exceptional, and I'm happy that they're on the table this year. I'm quite happy that centers like this are available at 6-7-8... and It's not like last year, where it was all defensemen (all quality, don't get me wrong) and the forwards, while some were impressive, were quite thin in high end caliber (after the Yak + Gal); it was what? Forsberg=Grigs > TT, three guys that have high end first line potential after the first two forwards went?

Then a ridiculous amount of question marks, and some 2nd/3rd line forwards to round it out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He's good.
He's really good.

A lot of people are completely writing him off on this forum because of Monahan. Everyone around here's been running around with Monahan fever, because the comparison with Toews was used, and people got behind that pretty hard. I can say, that mostly everyone on this forum has never seen him play a single game, maybe watched a highlight package... but mostly everyone's opinion is coming from other posters here.

Both will be dynamic in the NHL. Lindholm will be a million times more fun to watch, Monahan will be the far superior leader on the ice. Both are exceptional, and I'm happy that they're on the table this year. I'm quite happy that centers like this are available at 6-7-8... and It's not like last year, where it was all defensemen (all quality, don't get me wrong) and the forwards, while some were impressive, were quite thin in high end caliber (after the Yak + Gal); it was what? Forsberg=Grigs > TT, three guys that have high end first line potential after the first two forwards went?

Then a ridiculous amount of question marks, and some 2nd/3rd line forwards to round it out.

Great post. Lindholm is getting short in this thread. He has a better offensive toolbox than Monahan as well. Its like Backstrom vs Toews. Who is better? Depends who you ask.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
The only team in the top 6 picks i can see taking Nichushkin is Carolina. Tampa is guaranteed Drouin unless 4th or higher wins the lottery and i see no reason why Carolina will take a center when they have both Staals and Skinner who can play down the middle. I could see them taking him or Nurse. No way the Preds take a Russian after what happened with Radulov.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Lindholm barley gets any love? 4th highest PPG average in SEL history for a draft eligible player (behind the Sedins and Forsberg). A dynamic skilled center with a high IQ, who can play in all three zones and is physical for his size. I like Monahan a bit more but Lindholm should be our pick if he is there. He has more upside. But yeah if Bakrov slips to us, he's ours.

:amazed: I didn't know that. There are just too many great players available early in the draft. I think if it comes down to Monahan and Lindholm, Feaster and Weisbrod will go with Lindholm.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Lindholm has posted just slightly better numbers than Nicklas Backstrom did in his draft year. How stoked would we be to have a player like Backstrom? He's 5-11, which is on the small side, especially with our group of forwards, but a lot of scouts say he actually likes throwing around the body. He's also a right shooter, which we are completely devoid of at center (not a big deal, but an added plus).

I voted Barkov, but I honestly don't know. Whoever, we draft, I'm going to be excited as hell to have them in the organization.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Lindholm has posted just slightly better numbers than Nicklas Backstrom did in his draft year. How stoked would we be to have a player like Backstrom? He's 5-11, which is on the small side, especially with our group of forwards, but a lot of scouts say he actually likes throwing around the body. He's also a right shooter, which we are completely devoid of at center (not a big deal, but an added plus).

I voted Barkov, but I honestly don't know. Whoever, we draft, I'm going to be excited as hell to have them in the organization.

Please Check this WJC highlight package out

If you've never seen him play, he's... exceptional to watch. Think a more physical Backstrom that has all kinds of defensive awareness. I see him as a guy in this league that might be a top 5-10 in takeaways.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I'm thinking Nashville takes him. They love their Swedes and he'll look great next to Forsberg going forward.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If the Flames draft any of those guys, it'll likely be the best centre they've drafted in a decade. And I'm okay with that.

(now watch them draft Nurse)

Haha, no kidding.
While I like Nurse, we don't need more LH defensemen for the 1st/2nd pairing going forward. I mean, wouldn't be the end of the world; but... It would really suck if we addressed this situation instead of the glaring one we have.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm thinking Nashville takes him. They love their Swedes and he'll look great next to Forsberg going forward.

Think Nashville will go with Barkov to be honest. And hell, if they don't; pretty sure it means Calgary will be getting him lol.
There's no lose situation with Nashville. There's definitely one with Carolina. I truly hope they draft Nurse.

If it stays as is, pretend Florida wins the lottery.
1. Jones - FLA
2. MacKinnon - COL (where we see him move to the wing, instead of center).
3. Drouin - Tampa
4. Barkov/Lindholm - NAS
5. Nurse - CAR
6. Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan - CGY.

At the end of the day, I don't think there's a losing scenario at this year's draft for Calgary.
"We've got a trade to announce" .... oh ****

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
He's 5-11, which is on the small side, especially with our group of forwards, but a lot of scouts say he actually likes throwing around the body.

Eliteprospects has him listed at 6'0 - 190lbs.

I would imagine he tops out at 6'1 - 200lbs.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Eliteprospects has him listed at 6'0 - 190lbs.

I would imagine he tops out at 6'1 - 200lbs.

Yeah, he's listed 6-0 everywhere except hockeydb (which is bad for height/weight stats). That's a decent height if he can gain some stock. Crosby isn't very tall but he's built like a mini-tank so it's damn near impossible to move him off of the puck.

No way Nashville passes on Bakrov. He'll be a Pred unless one of the three teams ahead of them like him a lot. Monahan or Lindholm will be a Flame for sure.

Hard to say exactly. Barkov's injury may change their decision. I think we'll see a couple of surprises in the top-7. I just hope Calgary goes with one of the consensus centers.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Think Nashville will go with Barkov to be honest. And hell, if they don't; pretty sure it means Calgary will be getting him lol.
There's no lose situation with Nashville. There's definitely one with Carolina. I truly hope they draft Nurse.

If it stays as is, pretend Florida wins the lottery.
1. Jones - FLA
2. MacKinnon - COL (where we see him move to the wing, instead of center).
3. Drouin - Tampa
4. Barkov/Lindholm - NAS
5. Nurse - CAR
6. Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan - CGY.

At the end of the day, I don't think there's a losing scenario at this year's draft for Calgary.
"We've got a trade to announce" .... oh ****

Yes Barkov will be available at #6, but Feaster will trade the pick to move down to pick the best player on their list....;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad