• Olofsson

• Thomas

• Kupari

• Groulx

• McBain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Assuming a pick in the 23-27 range, at least 3 or 4 of these guys should be available. which would you take?

Jacob Olofsson 6'2/190

21pts in 43 games (SWE-1)

Akil Thomas 5'11/170

79pts in 65 games (OHL)

Rasmus Kupari 5'11/165
14pts in 39 games (SM-Liga)

Benoit-Oliver Groulx 6'1/190

53pts in 66 games (QMJHL)

Jack McBain 6'3/195

58 pts in 48 games (OJHL)

Previous thread:
which Dman should the leafs take
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...leafs-to-take-with-their-1st-rd-pick.2462533/

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I don't expect Thomas or Kupari to make it to us, so they'd be the obvious choice.

Still wouldn't go for any of these guys over Denisenko or Kravtsov. Really really need an "other" choice.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Im avoiding Groulx. He screams smart 2nd round pick but poor 1st round pick.

McBain scares me a bit too but there seems to really be some good players coming out of the USHL/BCHL/OJHL to college route the last couple of seasons.

Kupari by all accounts is likely gone by our pick.

That leaves me Olofsson and Thomas as safer high upside picks. I think right now I would lean towards Thomas.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Move back, get Dellandrea and Wise

I'd agree with the above posters, rather have one A, than two B's... though I think your choices do have a good chance of becoming more than their draft rankings currently show, so good choices. I still stick with the Finn, though if a reasonable deal for that couldn't be pulled off, I wouldn't be opposed to your idea.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I haven’t been following the draft since the leafs became good. Who’s the fastest skater of the centers mentioned?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'd agree with the above posters, rather have one A, than two B's... though I think your choices do have a good chance of becoming more than their draft rankings currently show, so good choices. I still stick with the Finn, though if a reasonable deal for that couldn't be pulled off, I wouldn't be opposed to your idea.
I'd rather have an A prospect at this point of the rebuild than 2 B prospects.

Yeah, in theory I agree with one over 2 B's, but IMO it looks to be a very shallow decline in this draft , so I see it as
Trade Up- A
Stand pat A- plus B+
Trade down A- plus A-/B+ plus B+

85 cents vs 82 + 77 type of deal, though I may be entirely wrong. There should seems like there's going to be a lot of guys available in the 2nd that I would not be shocked or mad at taking in the late 1st.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
From what I've read Olofsson seems like a player we could use and that Babcock would like. Also read that McBain needs to get more agility and get faster but I think he seems like a decent project center.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I feel like when teams pick so low in the round that you should always pick the best player available regardless of position.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Ultimately that says more about your knowledge, than the prospects in question.

I’m sure you’re right. I guess I just don’t care until they’re farther along on their path to becoming an NHLer. Historically, the vast majority of prospects picked in that 23-27 range don’t amount to anything special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad