Where's Olesz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Curious. There's a poll on TSN.ca on the NHL page which asks "Ovechkin and Malkin will likely go 1-2 on Saturday. Who goes third?" The options are Barker, Montoya, Tukonen, Schwarz, Ladd, and Other. Where's Olesz?

Currently, Barker leads, followed by Montoya, Ladd, Tukonen, Schwarz, and Other.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Well considering Bob Mackenzie talked to some scouts and GM's and decided to rank Olesz 10th in his preview and said "he might slip out of the top 10", it's pretty easy to see why they don't think he'll go 3rd.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Olesz might not have the offensive skill set to be much of interest that high , i guess he'll got between 5/10 .

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Jozeph_Balej said:
Olesz might not have the offensive skill set to be much of interest that high , i guess he'll got between 5/10 .

What? I have heard that his offense is second only to AO in this draft. I am wrong?

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
We've consistently had Olesz at or around #10 all year at younggunshockey.com. We just didn't see the same offensive potential others did. Looks like people have finally come around. And I don't understand why folks are surprised Montoya's pegged to go high by some. To us, Montoya's the BPA after Ovechkin and Malkin.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
In my opinion the top three are pretty clear-cut, Ovechkin, then a gap, then Malkin, then a gap, then Olesz, then a large gap.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Dr. kØUkLØs said:
Malkin and Tukonen are 100 times more offensive.

Olesz is every bit as good offensively as Tukonen IMO, and better defensively.

Malkin is probably be better but not THAT much. Olesz was outscoring him until Nion Dion broke his head.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Barnaby said:
AO - Yes. Malkin - Yes. IMHO Olesz is every bit as good as the rest. Time will tell of course.

Olesz just isn't as good as Schremp and Tukonen offensivley. Olesz reminds me of Michalek, slipped out of the top 5 last year because scouts were concerned about his scoring potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad