Where would you like the Coyotes to relocate to ? (If they do)

Coyotes to ?

• Houston

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 19 4.1%
  • Quebec City

Votes: 225 49.1%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • Another city

Votes: 69 15.1%

• Total voters

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
QC may not be the most financially beneficial decision but it would probably be the best for league culture

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Prefer QC but that's unlikely. Of the two more realistic possibilities I prefer SLC over Houston.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I've also been baffled by the SLC rumors. In addition to what you said, the Delta Center isn't a good fit for hockey.
It's not ideal in the long term, but would work decently for the time being. Salt Lake City is going to build a new arena for the winter olympics in 2030 (which they will most likely host) so that solves the arena problem.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
My heart says quebec but my head says houston. Bettman salivates at growth in the south, if hes staying commissioner its never going to quebec city

Also agreed quebec city would be on every players no trade like edmonton and winnipeg. Dont get me wrong its a beautiful and historic place but it is what it is, players want low tax and sunshine.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
All the GMs using the coyotes to launder bad contracts and cap mistakes are in for a big shock.
And that's why Bettman won't move the Yotes... Bettman/NHL secretly own the Yotes strictly to help GMs get rid of their bad contracts

Olaf Fub

Aug 23, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I think San Diego might be a good choice.

Population- 1.4 million

Padres are the only major pro sports team in town.

In the process of building a new arena called "Midway Rising", which might break ground in 2025.

Midway Rising

As a bonus, they can stay in the Pacific division. (Out west.)

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Its La Ville de Québec stop f***ing around. They deserve a team, its 2 hours away from the Mecca, its in the east, they have an arena, theres absolutely no reasons for the stupidity.

Being in the East is a negative, because then an eastern time zone team will have to move back to the western conference.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Simple question, where ?
quebec, but i am a realist, the only way canada gets an nhl franchise is when it fails in atlanta, proof 1 calgary got the flames from atlanta, 2 winnipeg got the jets back after thrashers demise in atlanta, so to replace the nordiques, quebec should receive the former jets, now coyotes, save the expansion fees for houston, kansas city, wherever.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Quebec.

- Because a comeback was promised when the franchise left,
- Because the city has been working on the file for a long time,
- Because Canada deserves an 8th team and the fantasy of a Canadian division,
- Because that's where the most passionate audience is

Only downside, I really like the idea of the league moving west.

For the operation of the conferences, Columbus or Detroit would be relocated to the west.

But with a Canadian division, we could abandon the system of two West-East conferences.

The conquest of the West...

Either the league remains stuck forever at 32 and franchises will gradually move to the European market, so useless.

Either the league expands and Houston, Utah, Kansas City, Portland will easily have their teams.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Being in the East is a negative, because then an eastern time zone team will have to move back to the western conference.
coincide with an expansion team to a western location, make it a win/win situation owners get some more franchise money, 2 -canada gets another team, 3 league gets out of the horrible ,embarrassing situation that is the arizona experiment, 4 being in canada the team can play in front of a lot more people who pay for the tickets, and lets not forget the revenue from merchandise to help increase revenue for the league which allows the salary cap to grow, meaning more money to go around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad