Where would you like the Coyotes to relocate to ? (If they do)

Coyotes to ?

• Houston

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 19 4.1%
  • Quebec City

Votes: 225 49.1%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 26 5.7%
  • Another city

Votes: 69 15.1%

• Total voters

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
"Like"...? I'd like them to figure out that franchise and stop screwing hockey fans in Arizona.

And I would go with SLC if they do move.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
DANG, I woulda bet anything your answer would be: "Another city" and proposed Des Moines. But I guess there's something to be said for protecting your interests by keeping your ticket prices down. :thumbu:
While that would be great for me personally for selfish reasons, I’m also too pragmatic to suggest the 82nd largest metro as a viable NHL city. Des Moines is lucky to be a AAA minor league city IMO.

Reactions: JMCx4

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
or perhaps because Quebec City has a population on par with places like Oxnard California, New Haven Connecticut, and McAllen Texas(and look how much another similarly sized Canadian city in Winnipeg has been struggling already now that they've been around more than a few years even with a team that often makes the Playoffs) and because the Leafs would need to be okay with a team being placed in Hamilton which they clearly wouldn't be
Quebec city supported the Nordiques and would do so again. Population is not always the single important thing.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Atlanta cause why not and 3rd times GOTTA be a charm right?!?!?!?

ok here is a question...if it is Quebec would Sakic jump ship? That would make it interesting for sure..

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Just keep them on the west coast

Asking an eastern conference team to accommodate this is ridiculous if they go east

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Serious answer is Houston, but part of me wants to see Florida get a third team just to watch the world burn.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I mean Texas getting a second team is not that much different that a third team in FL

For some reason Dallas just isn’t as hated as the Bolts and Panthers. Probably because they were part of the old hockey establishment and came from Minnesota while the Florida teams are newer with no ties to “proper hockey country.” Plus the idea of a single southern state having almost half as many teams as all of Canada would be sure to set some people’s hair on fire.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Salt lake city needs to be added to that list. There's been work done on that already.

Selfishly I would love to see Quebec bc I think this kind of emergency is their best chance to land a team again, but I think it's slc or Houston if fertitta can get the team on the cheap bc of the current situation and the leagues desire to be in major markets like Houston.
I agree on Salt lake but I really miss the Nordiques and the battle of Quebec from the 80s.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Voted other cause I want Portland. They have the arena and the Pacific NW is a natural hockey fit. 2021 was long overdue for the NHL to finally come there (US part that is), so getting a 2nd team in the area immediately after would be great. I fully expect the Yotes to end up in Houston though.

Can someone explain why Salt Lake City makes sense? Seems like a really good chance to fail, just like Phoenix. Houston has tons of money, business, and people. It is the natural choice and I can't see how SLC would be a better candidate.
I've also been baffled by the SLC rumors. In addition to what you said, the Delta Center isn't a good fit for hockey.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Arizona is completely off the table, where I'd like is Hartford.

Of the actually viable locations, I've been talked into San Diego as the best choice, presuming Fertitta hasn't changed his mind on the price he's willing to pay for a team.

I think the league is keeping Quebec as the "something went WAY wrong with an East Coast team, we need to put them elsewhere NOW" option, and they won't use that on a WC team.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From a business perspective, Quebec City just doesn't make sense. Not too mention they would become the least desirable place for free agents to sign.

A Quebec City team would be profitable right away and make more money than the Coyotes ever made.

The business issue is that the league wants to make new hockey fans not just recycle old ones that they've already got in the bag. But if you want to stop losing money fast you put the team in Quebec.

I don't care where free agents prefer to play.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Quebec city supported the Nordiques and would do so again. Population is not always the single important thing.

The thing that seems to get missed also is that it's not just the city. Would most likely be surrounding communities that would also be interested or even rival fans from Montreal. There's a lot of opportunity.

That being said, Vegas and Seattle succeeding may make that proposition tougher, as american markets are looking much more promising.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
It’s QC for so many reasons it’s not even funny. One point that is overlooked is to reinvigorate the Provinces’ hockey culture.

In the last 30 years it has produced 3 first overall picks in Lafreniere, Lecavalier and Daigle. Not great. Vinny being the only thing close. It’s not good considering what the Province use to produce when the population was lower. Where are you Jean, Maurice, Guy, Mike, Ray and Mario?

The right thing to do for the entire NHL is to restart the player producing engine that this place use to be. It benefits everyone involved in the sport. I realize my morality isn’t worth shit but the NHL needs a “right thing to do” story so badly.

If God had his way it’d be Quebec City in a heartbeat.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad