Where will Couture lead us?

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Now that the Sharks are 4-1-1 in the last 6 games, what's a likely projected draft pick they will get at the end of this season?

And on that thought, what are the most likely prospects that will ended up being picked by them at that spot?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Now that the Sharks are 4-1-1 in the last 6 games, what's a likely projected draft pick they will get at the end of this season?

And on that thought, what are the most likely prospects that will ended up being picked by them at that spot?
#1-3.

Never overreact over a small sample size. We are still the worst team in the league.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
#2 pick cuz sharks

I think GMMG doesn't even entertain trade offers and immediately picks Silayev and we hope and pray he's the franchise #1 D for the rebuild

• Wow

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
Do you think Demidov could put himself into that category if he continues his current pace?
It`s possible, but who knows how Rotenberg will affect him. Will he be forced to sign a new contract in 2025? And if he will not, he probably will be buried in MHL or will play 10 minutes a game until his contract expires. It`s not good for his development.
Michkov is lucky, he loaned out of Rotenberg`s "system".

I would pick Levshunov or Lindstrom.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
My secret wish is that Chicago is the worst team in the league and Sharks still win the lottery because f*** Chicago.
I mean if the league is ever going to throw the sharks a bone, it's the year

1. after Chicago already got their golden child
2. the sharks have been legitimately debated as being the worst team in the cap era
3. the assumed #1 pick is a jr shark

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I mean if the league is ever going to throw the sharks a bone, it's the year

1. after Chicago already got their golden child
2. the sharks have been legitimately debated as being the worst team in the cap era
3. the assumed #1 pick is a jr shark
Although being worst and winning the draft without moving up is better if we want to live in the dreamland where we can keep winning the draft in subsequent years, since you can only win and move up twice in a five year period now.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Assuming everyone else stays at roughly the same win rate, with 31 games to go, then:
- As it is, CHI is actually the worst team in the league and is playing like it. They are 3-8-0 in the 11 games without Bedard, and 2 of those were OT wins and one of them was the SO against us. They were 11-26-2 with Bedard, so... they are bad. Losing the remaining two games against them is the best chance we have of "catching" them for 1OA.
- To "lose" to Anaheim and pick worse than them, Sharks would have to win the last game vs ANA and also outpace them by 1 point and they'd have to lose their game in hand... plausible, but maybe not likely if their players at all play to their potential.
- Sharks would have to outpace CBJ by 9 points (plus one CBJ game in hand) in order to "leapfrog" them the bad way. If we beat them twice, that's an 8 point swing, AKA we could make that only a 5 point gap + one game in hand with just two wins against CBJ.
- Sharks would have to outpace OTT by 9 points AND 4 games in hand in order to leapfrog them. We play them once more, so even winning in regulation there makes this a hard one to believe. ~5 wins above in 31 games just to make it super clear is the difference between 15-15-1 and 20-10-1 so... yeah. Not likely.
- MIN is similarly 9 points back, 2 games in hand, but 3 games against remaining. So, that could become 3 points back with 2 games in hand, but we'd have to go 3-0 against them and then still outpace them by 3+ the two games in hand. More likely than OTT but still unlikely.

Taking all that to consideration, best guess is that we end up 2nd worst, and therefore we have a 58.3% chance of picking 1-3, but of course... most of that (30.7% total) is in #3, and the single likeliest pick is #4OA (41.7%).

We'll likely be debating between Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Dickinson, and Catton from April thru June.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I don't see a world where it's not Celebrini or Silayev at 1/2. Demidov, Eiserman, and Levshunov can make it interesting and especially at 3 there are more choices and someone might get very high on Dickinson.

The thing with Silayev is that while he has super star potential, a good outcome for him is still a great player. Eiserman is similar in the sense that goal-scoring is extremely valuable.

I don't particularly like Levshunov because the failure factor is hockey iq, but there's hope that he'll quickly develop it.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
It’s great for Silayev’s development that he plays in Larionov’s system. As I said before, Larionov is a loved by everyone coach and person. I hope both Larionov and Silayev will not leave this team before leaving for NHL.
There is short video Larionov talking about his son scored a goal in OT, he is so emotional and at the end of the video he said that every young player is like his own son to him. This video in Russian but you will understand what I mean.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It’s great for Silayev’s development that he plays in Larionov’s system. As I said before, Larionov is a loved by everyone coach and person. I hope both Larionov and Silayev will not leave this team before leaving for NHL.
There is short video Larionov talking about his son scored a goal in OT, he is so emotional and at the end of the video he said that every young player is like his own son to him. This video in Russian but you will understand what I mean.

I would kill for Larionov to go coach the Cuda.

Jts4thgoal

King of the idiots
Aug 28, 2015
Worst case scenario is the sharks get healthy, can't get rid of enough people at the deadline, Gush and Muk get called up and play too well, and then the Sharks end up with a middle pick.

• Wow

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
31 games left (least amount of games left in the league)

3 points up on last place Chicago (they have 1 more game then us)
5 points behind 3rd last Anaheim (they have 1 more game then us)
9 points behind 4th last Columbus (they have 1 more game then us)
9 points behind 5th last Ottawa (they have 4 more games then us).

To move out of the top 5, Minnesota is 6th with 47 points (14 points ahead and 2 more games then us).

Unless this team starts to put up the best record in the league over the next 31 games, we are pretty locked into a top 5 pick.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
There is almost zero probability this team plays so well that we pick lower than 7. We'd have to play well above playoff team pace to pass ANA, OTT, CBJ, MIN, and possibly one other team, then get unlucky in the lottery. We simply aren't good enough. There is a chance we pick 5, a far smaller chance we pick 6. We likely pick 2-4 per my post above.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3