Speculation: Where Will Chiarot Be Traded?

Where will Chiarot be trades?

• Calgary Flames

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • St. Louis Blues

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Carolina Hurricanes

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • New York Rangers

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Los Angeles Kings

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Boston Bruins

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I voted LA. I get this feeling that they will sneak up on all of them and offer a good package.

The only issue I have with LA is that Bergevin is there. I know he's not GM or anything, but if he has a say in any trade (especially one involving a former player of his) he's pretty damn stingy when it comes to his trades.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
The only issue I have with LA is that Bergevin is there. I know he's not GM or anything, but if he has a say in any trade (especially one involving a former player of his) he's pretty damn stingy when it comes to his trades.
You make a good point. Let’s hope Bergevin still loves the player and Blake pays up.

Reactions: FrankMTL

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's an urban myth.............ask Tampa Bay...
MB also never had to deal with Kent Hughes.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I haven't heard the Rangers being in on Chiarot for a while, and I was really hopeful we would hit a deal here that would get us Lundkvist.

Even if we have to add, really hoping Chiarot will land us a C or D prospect with a high ceiling. We have a bunch of okay D prospects , but 0 C prospects with top 6C potential.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Voted NYR because they definitely could use a guy to clean the crease, their Window is open and Fox s contract is not up yet, while Panarin is not declining AT all.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Voted Florida. A bit of depth on D and they could go far.

I also voted the Panthers. Look at that Defense and tell me they don't need improvements if they want to really contend?

fUUZosP.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
His jaw reminds me of Hull so I went Blues. Am I the only one refreshing hf to see where this guy goes like he’s Sundin or something?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe if we are lucky Calgary gives in and wecget Pelletier

The biggest thing I wonder about is who is the cap dump if the Flames trade for Chiarot? Some people say Lucic but not so sure they really want to trade him. If not Lucic, how do the flames create the room to fit in Chiarot at $1.75M? Would we need a 3rd team to retain 50% again? I believe they have around $770k of prorated cap space at the moment?

I'm sure the Flames would love to be able to trade for Chiarot but cap space is a big problem for them.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'd be curious regarding the Rangers...Yes Gorton was there when they drafted a bunch of these players, so he knows them well. It doesn't mean he likes them though.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I’m really hoping it’s the Flames and the return is Pelletier. Chariot is exactly the kind of player Sutter’s system needs so I can see them overpaying on this one.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That would be a deal

I value Lundkvist cause I think he is a bit better than Norlinder but lets face it. Both these kids need serious development in terms of being a trusted option in the D zone. Even in the AHL, Lundkvist is doing OK but he's -5 and among the worse on the back end for their D. Some people will say +/- is garbage but not in all cases when you look how they rank with others in the same situation.

Yes, he is only 21 and can get better but someone like Schneider is +6 in 24 games on the same team.

Lundkvist can't be the only piece coming back for Chiarot. We need another serious draft dart pick to try to hit with IMO.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I value Lundkvist cause I think he is a bit better than Norlinder but lets face it. Both these kids need serious development in terms of being a trusted option in the D zone. Even in the AHL, Lundkvist is doing OK but he's -5 and among the worse on the back end for their D. Some people will say +/- is garbage but not in all cases when you look how they rank with others in the same situation.

Yes, he is only 21 and can get better but someone like Schneider is +6 in 24 games on the same team.

Lundkvist can't be the only piece coming back for Chiarot. We need another serious draft dart pick to try to hit with IMO.
If Lundkvist is only slightly better than Norlinder, I'd want someone else. Yeah I'm sure they'll get better, but Norlinder just doesn't have "it" when I watch him.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad