OT: Where to park in Toronto?

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Hey I was wondering where do people park when they go to watch games at the ACC. I know a lot of people say they park up North then take the TTC down, but where is parking cheap and close? I know some places where you have residential where you can park for free, but looking for something more convenient.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Hey I was wondering where do people park when they go to watch games at the ACC. I know a lot of people say they park up North then take the TTC down, but where is parking cheap and close? I know some places where you have residential where you can park for free, but looking for something more convenient.
Forget about anything residential until these snowbanks melt. Downtown and midtown side streets are basically one lane wide with nowhere to park. Just find a parking lot and pay.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Parking is pretty terrible in Toronto, but one spot where you can go is the parking garage by The Esplanade, it's pretty close to the ACC (you can just walk to the GO Station concourse hall, then take the pathway inside to the ACC). Not too expensive IIRC.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
pay 2 bucks at kipling station and take the subway for another 3 bucks. you can make a roadie and drink as you get driven to the arena. i do it all the time. I just did that tonight. good times.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
pay 2 bucks at kipling station and take the subway for another 3 bucks. you can make a roadie and drink as you get driven to the arena. i do it all the time. I just did that tonight. good times.

Sweet will start doing this instead. Thanks.

Also good call on the snowbanks Erdinger.

aselvana

Jan 6, 2013
Parking is pretty terrible in Toronto, but one spot where you can go is the parking garage by The Esplanade, it's pretty close to the ACC (you can just walk to the GO Station concourse hall, then take the pathway inside to the ACC). Not too expensive IIRC.

i second this, literally a 5 min walk, and its 5 bucks after 6pm. green p parking

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Don't park by Longo's/Real Sports parking garage.

It's expensive, overpriced, crowded, and while it's convenient (it's right in front of the ACC), it's a mission getting out of there at the end of a game - you are looking at anywhere between a 15-45 minute wait just to get out of the parking structure and back onto street level.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Sweet will start doing this instead. Thanks.

Also good call on the snowbanks Erdinger.
Without doubt the best option.

These icebanks in the city are brutal. Lots of cars parked on the streets are getting clipped. The longer subway ride is the best way.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I pay $15 to park just east of the ACC, at the Green P parking. 3 minute walk to ACC.

NazemKadri43

Sep 1, 2010
toronto
Sheppard street between adelaide and richmond has free parking after 7pm.....its a 10-15 min walk through the PATH starting from exchange tower or FCP. Try that if its a 730 game or if u dont mind missing the first 10 mins of the game

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Do those Green P locations that normally have a certain rate charge more when it's game day?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I live 250KM away from ACC so paying for parking wasnt really a big deal for me. Last game I went to I just looked for a sign that said parking when i got close. Parked in some underground lot, paid $20, and walked 2 mins to the ACC.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
$15 parking near the water two steps east of that closed ship restaurant. 5 minute walk to the ACC.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I usually park at Yorkdale mall, where parking is free, and take the subway downtown.

Or, there is a Mountain Equipment Co-op with underground parking(don't remember if it's free or not) just a couple blocks north of the ACC. It's usually not too busy there and it's just a 4-5 minute walk away.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If you want underground not to far from the ACC, I like the underground lot at SteamWhistle. It is south of Bremner, on the west side of Lower Simcoe. It is slightly more expensive (paid $21 on Friday for the Raps game), but the lot is pretty open, and no traffic coming out. The walk is 2-3 minutes.

There are also a few hidden gems under a certain major grocery store, for very cheap, but it is a bit of a walk.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I usually park at Yorkdale mall, where parking is free, and take the subway downtown.

Or, there is a Mountain Equipment Co-op with underground parking(don't remember if it's free or not) just a couple blocks north of the ACC. It's usually not too busy there and it's just a 4-5 minute walk away.

MEC is west of Spadina on King, thats more than a 5 minute walk, closer to 20 minutes.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The condo at 18 Yonge has underground parking for $12, if you can get in with the door open. You come in off akeshore west, just west of Yonge. It fills up fast (only about 50 spots, but the cheapest and closest you will find (Less than 300 feet to ACC).

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
So today on the way to work I passed by the Esplanade and I saw that parking garage I was talking about earlier. It's Scott ST/The Esplanade. It said from 6PM-6AM parking is $6, though it said "rates may change on event days". Not sure if that includes Leaf games, but it seems like a pretty good spot. If you wanna chill and drink some beers after the game there's a bunch of pubs on the Esplanade too which is nice.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
. If you wanna chill and drink some beers after the game there's a bunch of pubs on the Esplanade too which is nice.
Wouldn't it be better to just get a hotel with reasonable parking overnight then? Getting a DUI would be worse than a Lebda highlight reel..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad