Speculation: Where does Tavares end up??

Where does Tavares end up??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well the Avs should try to sell him on the idea of him and Nate being the present day version of the Sakic-Foppa 1-2 punch. They have loads of cap space, they have a hole on the 2nd line and with JT they would move towards becoming a real contender down the road. The core of Nate, Mikko, JT, Landy, Barrie, EJ sounds damn fine, especially when adding Zadorov, Kerfoot, Jost, Compher, Bowers, Makar, Meloche and Timmins to the equation.

He and Raanta should be their prime targets in the offseason.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Tavares alone will not be able to turn this team around, and even by adding Tavares and say moving Pacioretty, this team is not deep enough up front
We are a minimum of 2-3 offensive players away
and finding Weber a partner to be able to just compete

I disagree with that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If he doesn’t stay in NYI (which I think is the most likely and it will be something like the Stamkos thing) I could definitely see San Jose. Great team with a history of playoffs. Great leadership core. Low media exposure. Great weather and area to raise a family (don’t know how old/young his family is).

Also these lines are just wow

Kane-Tavares-Donskoi
Labanc-Couture-Hertl
Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Sorenson-Tierney-Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns
Dillon-Heed/another bottom pairing

Jones
Dell

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If he doesn’t stay in NYI (which I think is the most likely and it will be something like the Stamkos thing) I could definitely see San Jose. Great team with a history of playoffs. Great leadership core. Low media exposure. Great weather and area to raise a family (don’t know how old/young his family is).

Kane-Tavares-Donskoi
Labanc-Couture-Hertl
Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Sorenson-Tierney-Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns

Jones
Dell

I have a hard time seeing SJS resigning Thornton and Kane if the sign Tavares.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Kane-Tavares-Donskoi
Labanc-Couture-Hertl
Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Sorenson-Tierney-Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
Ryan-Burns

Jones
Dell

St. Louis has all those things as well, other than the great weather. It's 10 degrees in the winter and 105 degrees in the summer.

Our defense is set with guys like Pietrangelo, Parayko, Edmundson, and Dunn.

Top six looks pretty good as well.

Fabbri-Tavares-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Steen (or Jordan Kyrou)

Reactions: wafflepadsave

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
The knock on San Jose is that their core is pretty old. Pavelski, Burns and Thornton won't be around for more then half of JT's contract. I think he probably stays in Long Island but NYI is missing the play offs again and he could be considering a contender.

Vegas would be a compelling choice.
A less likely yet interesting alternative would be CBJ.
JT could sign in San Jose but he would do that knowing there probably no more then a 2-3 year window for the cup

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I have a hard time seeing SJS resigning Thornton and Kane if the sign Tavares.
They’ll have plenty of cap space if they move Boedker or Martin or both and if they let Hansen and Ward walk which is pretty much a guarantee also Thornton’s not taking 8M again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The knock on San Jose is that their core is pretty old. Pavelski, Burns and Thornton won't be around for more then half of JT's contract. I think he probably stays in Long Island but NYI is missing the play offs again and he could be considering a contender.

Vegas would be a compelling choice.
A less likely yet interesting alternative would be CBJ.
JT could sign in San Jose but he would do that knowing there probably no more then a 2-3 year window for the cup
Thornton I agree but Pavelski and Burns are 33. Even if Tavares gets an 8 year contract they’ll be there for at least 6.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If he wants to stay in the New York area, the Devils are his best bet for cashing in and playing for an upward-trending team.

However, I do have a hard time seeing him sign in the same division as the team he's spurning.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
They’ll have plenty of cap space if they move Boedker or Martin or both and if they let Hansen and Ward walk which is pretty much a guarantee also Thornton’s not taking 8M again.

Plenty of cap space, no. I had Tavares at 12M$, Kane at 6M$ and Thornton at 4M$. I you include Boedker and Martin, that gets you almost at 90 M$. Take out Martin and Boedker and you still are over the cap.

I mean, i guess it is possible but good luck.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
No way San Jose signs Tavares, Kane, and Thornton, keep dreaming, I think if he doesn't resign with the Islanders, Vegas has the best shot at getting him.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I fully expect him to stay with the Islanders. If he did leave I think STL/SJS can make a strong case. But there can be some dark horses like Colorado or Philly that I think can offer him a better core to be part of. Toronto is a wild card, if they sign JT and their young 3 it’s going to make it difficult to invest on improving their defense.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Islanders probably but NJ should make a hard push for him. Can offer him the opportunity to stay local on an up and coming team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No way San Jose signs Tavares, Kane, and Thornton, keep dreaming, I think if he doesn't resign with the Islanders, Vegas has the best shot at getting him.
Even if the Sharks don’t sign Thornton which I fully expect they will their team still looks good

Kane-Tavares-Donskoi
Labanc-Couture-Hertl
Meier-Tierney-Pavelski
Sorenson-Goodrow-some 4th liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->