Speculation: Where does Galchenyuk end up as a UFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
Awesome, still doesn’t change the fact he is not Russian, Which all I stated.
He is a dual citizen. Might have been born in America (which makes him American) but he is also Russian.

Galchenyuk back to Montreal so I can laugh

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I think him to Ottawa makes alot of sense for both sides. Ottawa gets a stopgap middle 6 C, and Galchenyuk gets a chance to prove he can play, and put up points.

Worked for Duclair. I mean worth a shot
Ottawa doesn't need stopgaps. They need to play their prospects - White, L Brown, Norris and get them experience.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Senators, calling it right now.

I think it's the perfect place for him to rebound and believe it's his last resort. Plus if Ottawa wanted they could use him in the expansion draft.

But if not Ottawa I'm gonna say either Tampa, Florida, Colorado, Buffalo or New Jersey.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Good question OP. I think a 26 year old that has put up 320 points in 550 games is definitely not out of the league. I thought he was snakebit in Pittsburgh and there was no whiff of moping or not being professional. Very frustrating results in Pittsburgh though.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Alex Galchenyuk is a UFA for the first time in his career. Unfortunately, it likely came at the worst point of his entire career. That being said, some NHL team will give him another shot...likely a 1 year "prove it" sort of deal. So here's a couple of questions for discussion:

1.) Who will sign him?
2.) What team is the best fit for Galchenyuk?
Where does he end up? At this point does anyone care?

He should just go to the KHL and be done with it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would take him back on the habs.
Our biggest need right now is a big goalscoring winger, and Galchenyuk brings that

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I think he signs with Detroit for 1 year 2.25 mill to potentially be the 2nd line Center with Zadina and Fabbri

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I would take him back on the habs.
Our biggest need right now is a big goalscoring winger, and Galchenyuk brings that
Dear god, no, the guy was a distraction, full of drama and inconsistent play - sometimes a 1st liner, sometimes an AHLer.

You can afford a guy with uneven play if overall he generates offense (Vanek, Kovalev, come to mind), but Galch isn't that caliber of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad