Speculation: Where does Galchenyuk end up as a UFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I'll take a wild guess he signs a 1 year deal for a decent amount(like 4M) with Colorado because they are one of the few teams that can give him that kind of cap hit

Yeah, no.

At the rate he is getting around from one place to the next, he's not getting 4M except in frequent flyer miles.

He would have to be very lucky to even get 2M.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Alex Galchenyuk is a UFA for the first time in his career. Unfortunately, it likely came at the worst point of his entire career. That being said, some NHL team will give him another shot...likely a 1 year "prove it" sort of deal. So here's a couple of questions for discussion:

1.) Who will sign him?
2.) What team is the best fit for Galchenyuk?

You said it in your first sentence.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
He’s from Milwuakee.
And his dad is from Belarus, and his mom is from Canada, they married, moved to Milwaukee were his dad was playing minor league hockey at the time, went to bed one night, a few month later little Alex came in the world, Did I really need to draw you a diagram of the circle of life?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
And his dad is from Belarus, and his mom is from Canada, they married, moved to Milwaukee were his dad was playing minor league hockey at the time, went to bed one night, a few month later little Alex came in the world, Did I really need to draw you a diagram of the circle of life?

My parents are Scottish. Doesn’t mean I’m shipping of to Glasgow to work. The fact his dad is from there does not mean he is going to the Khl. That a pretty far fetched man.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I think him to Ottawa makes alot of sense for both sides. Ottawa gets a stopgap middle 6 C, and Galchenyuk gets a chance to prove he can play, and put up points.

Worked for Duclair. I mean worth a shot
Galchenyuk has gotten a chance to prove he can play everywhere he’s been.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
There's this thing called "Duel citizenship", he could play for Canada, Russia, or the US since he had natural multiple citizenship. Also why why we wasting thread space on this stupidity?
All I did was clarify that we is not Russian, due to the multiple Khl comments. Then
You jumped in and tried to make him Russian.

Reactions: TheNewKid

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
My parents are Scottish. Doesn’t mean I’m shipping of to Glasgow to work. The fact his dad is from there does not mean he is going to the Khl. That a pretty far fetched man.
Not so far-fetched, considering the KHL is the second best league in the world, he may not get great offers from NHL teams, he speaks the language, and he spent a lot of time there growing up. This is what he had to say about Russia:

"It's complicated, because both my parents were born in Minsk, which is actually Belarus. Back then, it was the Soviet Union. My grandparents are in Minsk, so I go and visit every summer. People call me Russian, but I guess I'm actually Belarusian. My sister [Anna] was born in Moscow, my parents were born in Minsk, but I did live in Moscow for nine years. I never lived in Belarus. I guess I'm half, because Russian is my first language," guessed Galchenyuk, who celebrated his 24th birthday on February 12.
Russia also played an important part in his development as a young hockey player.
"That's when I really realized I can do special things in the sport. I was around 11 in Moscow and I took it really seriously. I had a feeling it could be my job one day. Russia played a big part in my hockey career," said Galchenyuk.

Alex Galchenyuk: Mr. Worldwide

So no, it's not so far-fetched at all that he might sign in the KHL.

Reactions: 7thRoundPick

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I would assume he's going to take his talents to Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, Rungsted Seier Capital or Frisk Asker Ishockey.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Eller and Galchenyuk did play together for a bunch of games in his first season. Remember the EGG line, with Gallagher?
Wow, yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Funny how Eller has become the solid #3 center on a championship team while Galch is now unsure of still playing in the NHL next season. Not the outcome anyone expected IMO.

Reactions: FormerLurker

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
All I did was clarify that we is not Russian, due to the multiple Khl comments. Then
You jumped in and tried to make him Russian.

4 posts from you about something so pedantic. Buddy grew up in Russia he didn't speak a lick of English until he moved to North America since he was a toddler to play junior in Canada. Yes he is born in USA and US citizen but he is also very culturally Russian and spent summers there during off season.

Reactions: Gravity

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
4 posts from you about something so pedantic. Buddy grew up in Russia he didn't speak a lick of English until he moved to North America since he was a toddler to play junior in Canada. Yes he is born in USA and US citizen but he is also very culturally Russian and spent summers there during off season.
Awesome, still doesn’t change the fact he is not Russian, Which all I stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad