Speculation: Where do you think Elias Lindholm signs?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I can’t see him taking anything less than 50m on a 7 year deal. Someone will overpay.
I am just worried about signing a guy who had left more money on the table for less. I don't want someone who is going to kick themselves the entire time for a long contract.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I am just worried about signing a guy who had left more money on the table for less. I don't want someone who is going to kick themselves the entire time for a long contract.
Eh, I think he clearly wanted out of Calgary and I think they were really focused on Hanifin over Lindholm. There were basically no rumours on Lindholm re-signing or the Flames making a push while Hanifin was apparently almost a done deal. The 9x8 contract 'he turned down' all came from Friedman saying he think it would take 9 million for him to re-sign in Calgary.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
I would judge him as something halfway between what he was in a perfect storm scenario with Calgary in past seasons and what he has been this season. Two extremes really.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Guentzel would most likely be getting 8.5 to 9.5 over 7 years.

Honestly
Cheaper back up
Trade Smith

Lindholm and Guentzel would fit. We would need to go extremely cheap on the bottom 6 however it is doable with the cap space to have both.
Vegas showed that you need four lines to win the cup, and Jake isn't going to be back with the pens next season.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Columbus needs vets and will have money to spend, I think theyll atleast take a real look. reunites with Gaudreau and also have some good options on the other wing. Or he plays RW with Gaudreau-Jenner leaving Fantilli a long list of potential linemates
Columbus was mentioned as a possibility last summer. New management taking over there.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Colorado could still use one more top 6 winger. Drouin is gone this summer and won't be resigned. Avs go after Lindholm if Crosby doesn't ask for a trade.

Lindholm - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Middlestadt - Nikushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - Wood

That would be an amazing offense for next year. Put Lindolm on MacKinnons wing and watch Elias score 50 goals.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hopefully with toronto one a 1yr deal to play with Willy. I doubt any teams will be lining up to give him a 7yr deal at the aav he wants.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
One of these.
Seattle will be in there due to the Francis connection, in my opinion. Wash needs a center if Backstrom isn't returning.

Florida, if Reinhart leaves, then they shift Bennet to the wing.

Montreal as they need a big-name FA signing that Hughes can put his name to.

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Seattle will be in there due to the Francis connection, in my opinion. Wash needs a center if Backstrom isn't returning.

Florida, if Reinhart leaves, then they shift Bennet to the wing.

Montreal as they need a big-name FA signing that Hughes can put his name to.

Boston or Montreal he would go to.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Yeah looks like he Klingberg’d himself. I could see a one year deal or, if he wants term, a team taking a risk offering 3-4 years at $4-5 mill in the hopes that he can bounce back.
I'd hope Vancouver could bring him back for something on the low end and short term. He hasn't been the best fit but could be a valued depth contributor in the right situation (just see how Garland's play improved with the right deployment, and I think we're just looking for the same with him).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd be shocked if anyone gives him 7M on anything but a short term "prove it" deal. I mean, GMs have made idiotic signings but nothing suggests Lindholm would be remotely worth that price and term.
A crappy UFA pool does wonders. Just because he’s bad in Vancouver doesn’t mean he would be bad elsewhere. Might never get to the point production he did in Calgary but he’s still a top 6 C. I think a team like Washington who refuses to rebuild would take a stab with him, or Boston because of fit, or teams like Columbus and Arizona who want a top 6 veteran option to help insulate their upcoming franchise Cs. He will get the 7m+ deal.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Colorado could still use one more top 6 winger. Drouin is gone this summer and won't be resigned. Avs go after Lindholm if Crosby doesn't ask for a trade.

Lindholm - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Middlestadt - Nikushkin
Lehkonen - Colton - Wood

That would be an amazing offense for next year. Put Lindolm on MacKinnons wing and watch Elias score 50 goals.
Nope!

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
If it’s true he turned down 8 x 8+ million in Calgary, the Flames dodged a huge bullet.

He might want to bet on himself with a short-term deal, but that’s risky. I really can’t see anyone giving him an eight-year deal at a dollar value he’d be happy with though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad