Where do we finish in the Central this year?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
on paper i picked us 5th based on talent. thats not to say a great coach like BB cant do wonders. last year i said we'd get 106 points & my expectations were smashed into a million pieces. anything above 5th in the west & 93 points will be a bonus. (i think BB is good 4 atleast 6 points) 87 + 6 = 93.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Nashville (it is their turn at 1st place after all)
Chicago
Dallas
Minnesota
Winnipeg
Colorado (I feel for the fanbase a little right now...no one like a quitter)

I think we end up with 102 points total this year. And with that, we will still probably be the 8th seed. Pacific isn't going away.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nope. I think their D gets way overrated. I'm also starting to have my little doubts about their locker room. Subban, Ribeiro, Johansen, Neal...Good players but that's a lot of potential character issues.

The Wild have accrued leadership and model citizens up the wazoo, but that hasn't exactly translated into great success on the ice.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
ESPN the magazine predicts we miss the playoffs and WPG finishes 2nd in the central!

Wow. Wild missing the Playoffs is reasonable. Jets 2nd in the division, everything would have to go right for their young team.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Alright, I'm gonna put down my official Central prediction.

1. Dallas
  2. Chicago
  3. Winnipeg
  4. St. Louis
  5. Nashville
  6. Minnesota
  7. Colorado

- Dallas finishes slightly ahead of Chicago.
- Winnipeg & St. Louis are engaged in a dogfight all year, with Winnipeg's young guns being the difference-maker.
- Nashville struggles due to injuries and goaltending.
- Minnesota struggles due to coaching/system change, injuries, and goaltending.
- Colorado can't put the pieces together; struggles to find their identity for another year.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The way people are talking about Winnipeg reminds of the way that people talked about Columbus last year.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Ok so I looked up as many predictions listen to podcasts as I could to see where people are putting the wild within the division. So I can I look at up to see where they actually end up at the end of the season. Here is what I got so far
First-8
Second-10
Third-22
Fourth-34
Fifth-76
Sixth-60
Seventh-43

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I hate to agree with the "experts" but 5th is where I have us most likely ending up, behind Dallas, Nashville, Chicago and St. Louis. That said, the games need to be played, so we could finish higher (or lower! I don't have Winnipeg very far below us).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I hate to agree with the "experts" but 5th is where I have us most likely ending up, behind Dallas, Nashville, Chicago and St. Louis. That said, the games need to be played, so we could finish higher (or lower! I don't have Winnipeg very far below us).

Not all of them where really experts. It was combination of fans bloggers and so called experts/analysts.

If the wild win the division(they probably won't) it will be hilarious especially considering how many people have them finishing near the bottom. That's actually on of the biggest reasons why I want the wild to finish in the top three.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I think the jets are still 1-3 years from being a perennial playoff contender and making the jump like Dallas did. I also put the wild in the playoffs

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The way people are talking about Winnipeg reminds of the way that people talked about Columbus last year.

True, but things changed for Columbus. Things didn't work out with Johansen, but the idea of having Saad on his wing was a nice idea.

They also have/had a group of nice young players/prospects... Murray, Warenski, Milano, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand, Jenner.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild really have to start the season strong.

First 11 games:
Sabresx2
Jets
Leafs
Devils
Bos
Avs
LAK
Stars
Blues
Isles

It's not a difficult schedule to start the season, 7 or 8 wins are there for the taking. If they are bad to start it'll be hard to make up a bunch of points (Ducks last year).

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Wild really have to start the season strong.

First 11 games:
Sabresx2
Jets
Leafs
Devils
Bos
Avs
LAK
Stars
Blues
Isles

It's not a difficult schedule to start the season, 7 or 8 wins are there for the taking. If they are bad to start it'll be hard to make up a bunch of points (Ducks last year).

We start well historically. Hopefully we can keep that going!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dallas
Nashville
Chicago
Wild
STL
Jets
Avs

Wild/STL tossup for 4th/5th, so I picked 4th.

Boy 1/3 of the way into the season and my predictions aren't looking too good. I was right on the Av's and Jets at least so far...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I still don't get how the Jets are so bad, and didn't expect Dallas to be this awful, though I thought they were a paper tiger last year. Keep expecting CHI to show their age....not so fortunate!

Did not see Staal playing like this at all. Thought Brodin would be better, but not like this. Doobs has been terrific.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I still don't get how the Jets are so bad, and didn't expect Dallas to be this awful, though I thought they were a paper tiger last year. Keep expecting CHI to show their age....not so fortunate!

Did not see Staal playing like this at all. Thought Brodin would be better, but not like this, no Doobs has been terrific.

Jets goal tending has been pretty bad: 90.4 sv% (Dallas is at 90.0 sv%). That's not even backup quality numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad