Where do we finish in the Central this year?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think one big difference is that many teams in our division have at least one true game breaker. Dallas may be unbalanced but they've got some studs up front that can make up for it. The only teams I could see us finishing ahead of are the Jets and Avs. But I'm also a usual Negative Nancy, so take that for what it's worth. ;)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Just watched the Game 7 highlights vs. the Avs with my roommate to get pumped for hockey season. Hopefully all will be right with the world and we at least finish ahead of them :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is EXACTLY where I'm at. I haven't been this pessimistic in a long while. I think we're in the lottery for the next few years.

Our top players are aging. Age is great for cheeses and wine, not hockey players.

We will not be a bad team. Too much mid level talent. Just a team that won't contend for a Cup, unless something unforeseen happens(i.e. Nino with 40g, Granlund with 65 pts., Parise stays healthy and gets 73 pts.)

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Alright I'm guessing 3rd. Usually when people (National Media) are down the Wild they always seem to proof them wrong. Also Analytics.
Off topic but a lot of people rip on the Wild for being old but this Chicago top 3 defense by age Becuase I'm not sure who the fourth person is.
33-31
Also Dallas forwards are kind of old too
Spezza-33
Sharp-34
Hudler-32
Hemsky-33
Eaves-32

I mean this things she be talked about more.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Am I the only one who isn't that high on Nashville?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'm high on them, but could see their season go horribly wrong. Not a lot of scoring, and Pekka Rinne is a big question, solid defense. They could come out on the wrong side of a lot of 1g games, the PP might really have to carry the team (Josi and P.K could be deadly).

All of these things (minus the PP) could be said about the Wild too.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yes. If someone would've said few years ago, that Pekka Rinne is going to be a liability soon, I would've laughed at him.

Now, quite rough a couple of years. And didn't look too promising in the WC either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yup. Is it confidence, or a physical breakdown? He used to be so good.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah Rinne's been horrible lately. That's probably their biggest question mark, by far, coming into this season.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm probably biased because Subban is probably my favorite player in the league to watch, but I think he'll be great in Nashville.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm probably biased because Subban is probably my favorite player in the league to watch, but I think he'll be great in Nashville.

Yeah, they've got a solid defense. Subban, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis.

Forwards aren't anything to scoff at either.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Voted first and was shocked to see less than 10% to do the same. I guess this Wild group is not any different than any other Minnesotan, incredibly humble despite being great.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Voted first and was shocked to see less than 10% to do the same. I guess this Wild group is not any different than any other Minnesotan, incredibly humble despite being great.

Not sure what evidence there is to support the Wild as a "great" team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They did have the 2nd best record in NHL for the calendar year of 2015. :P

Yeah, and how did 2016 work out so far?

Great teams aren't great for only half seasons at a time.

Second half of one season great, fail in the playoffs. First half of next season great, fall in second half of season and playoffs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
lol stop now you are just trying too hard to be modest.

You're confusing honest with modest. We have nothing to be modest about... we have a solid team that we HOPE can do something, but in order for that to happen, they have to show they are better under the new staff than they were under the old.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Our top players are aging. Age is great for cheeses and wine, not hockey players.

We will not be a bad team. Too much mid level talent. Just a team that won't contend for a Cup, unless something unforeseen happens(i.e. Nino with 40g, Granlund with 65 pts., Parise stays healthy and gets 73 pts.)

I actually think it can be great if Boudreau gets his thing rolling. It will be good to have three scoring lines to spare the aging players bodies through the long grind. The Wild have many players capable of letting loose offensively if the coach is allright with it. Also, i dont think the D is that bad. Certainly not offensively, but also defensively. When it comes to Dubnyk all we can do is hope.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

Nope. I think their D gets way overrated. I'm also starting to have my little doubts about their locker room. Subban, Ribeiro, Johansen, Neal...Good players but that's a lot of potential character issues.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Nope. I think their D gets way overrated. I'm also starting to have my little doubts about their locker room. Subban, Ribeiro, Johansen, Neal...Good players but that's a lot of potential character issues.

Subban doesn't belong in this conversation. It's really not his fault that people in the Montreal organization are Dinosaurs.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Subban doesn't belong in this conversation. It's really not his fault that people in the Montreal organization are Dinosaurs.

I think he does. That doesn't necessarily mean his character would be somehow flawed. It's just pretty obvious he can be a huge distraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad