Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Should be on Bally Sports South.
Gettable on ESPN+ for our out of town friends. Unless NHL picks it up, of course.

Confused yet? Thankfully, I'll be there haha

Yes.

Apparently, despite the volumes upon volumes of text on the subject here- I've discovered the BLUF:

Precisely nothing has changed from last year- you just log into Bally Sports South and there it is.

Reactions: DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Is anyone else having trouble with the Bally sports app? I've been able to see the games on it until now but I can't even sign in on my TV or iPad, or even create a new account. Disabled the VPN too.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Is anyone else having trouble with the Bally sports app? I've been able to see the games on it until now but I can't even sign in on my TV or iPad, or even create a new account. Disabled the VPN too.
Bally Sports is utter garbage right now on my TV (firestick). Keeps crashing. When I restart, I have to sign in again. Missed the end of the game tonight because it wouldn't reconnect - kept saying "out of bounds." I googled it for a fix and found lots of people pissed off at a very expensive streaming service that is not consistently delivering. Customer support appears to be lacking as well.

Reactions: geehaad

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Bally Sports is utter garbage right now on my TV (firestick). Keeps crashing. When I restart, I have to sign in again. Missed the end of the game tonight because it wouldn't reconnect - kept saying "out of bounds." I googled it for a fix and found lots of people pissed off at a very expensive streaming service that is not consistently delivering. Customer support appears to be lacking as well.

Bally's seems to be back up and running fine, after they bent the knee a few days ago and apologized and offered rebates.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The distribution world continues to change:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Some articles out today suggesting Bally Midwest lost $13M LY after earning a small profit in '22. I presume Cord Cutting is the hammer:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Personally, I'm just tired of sports teams being greedy. There are endless entertainment options, sportsball. You guys are not as special as you think. Make it easy for me to pay $10/mo to see my favorite team? I'm in. Play a bunch of games about VPNs and multiple services and all that nonsense? I'm out.

Get the message. It's not hard. Cater to your customers instead of trying to hold them hostage.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Article detailing 15% cut in revenues for teams and what the sale of Dallas does for franchise going forward. Item I disagree with is how Cuban may be banking on local stations to carry product and enhance revenues that way. Perhaps, but local station owners have been asking for big increases in subscriber rates and as a result the streamers/cable companies are beginning to push back. Teams may get on local channels but find that their product isn't being locally distributed in volume.

Interesting times.

btw: I've never seen P&L info come out re: Bally Sports South so we can get a picture of how they are looking at their Carolina/Charlotte teams going forward.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Diamond looks to survive with Amazon as the deep pocketed owner/broadcaster going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00