Where can I find the Canes game on TV?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
A picture of the new stream “box” (it is more of a dongle now) next to a ROKU. Not only does the stream play typical satellite/cable content as part of their packages but also has most of the apps that you find on the Roku. It’s found on their menu-app section. I now get 4k content as part of my package plus have unlimited recording (last 9 months).

1694445149390.jpeg

Remote control (best one I’ve ever had)

1694445230842.jpeg

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
A picture of the new stream “box” (it is more of a dongle now) next to a ROKU. Not only does the stream play typical satellite/cable content as part of their packages but also has most of the apps that you find on the Roku. It’s found on their menu-app section. I now get 4k content as part of my package plus have unlimited recording (last 9 months).

View attachment 742267

Remote control (best one I’ve ever had)

View attachment 742268

When you say it is "found on their menu-app section" do you mean to order this hardware you already have to have a subscription to the service and the hardware is purchased from within the service?

Also, related to DirectTV, are you blocked from watching local NBC still, or was that not an issue with DirectTV Stream, just DirectTV?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
When you say it is "found on their menu-app section" do you mean to order this hardware you already have to have a subscription to the service and the hardware is purchased from within the service?

Also, related to DirectTV, are you blocked from watching local NBC still, or was that not an issue with DirectTV Stream, just DirectTV?
The picture I show demonstrates how you get to the apps. Also, there are also direct links in the guide (100 line items) to popular apps such as Amazon prime, Netflix, etc.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

So I want to bump this question again to anybody with DirectTV Stream. Can you all get the NBC affiliates in the Triangle?

Reactions: geehaad

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
I'll admit, I generally only watch the national stuff, though it maybe seems a mix to me? Something specific you're looking for, if I may ask?

It's local news right now

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'll admit, I generally only watch the national stuff, though it maybe seems a mix to me? Something specific you're looking for, if I may ask?

It's local news right now

One of the reasons I was thinking of moving from Spectrum was the lack of any Disney (ABC, ESPN, etc) programing. Then while looking, the price difference became attractive. However, I am reluctant to jump to save money if I am jumping into a situation where I can't watch another set of channels due to a contract dispute. I am most interested in NBC's coverage of the Premier League and Saturday Night Live. If it is only the local news that is missing, I don't watch WRAL anyway, so it won't bother me too much.

Reactions: MustardStew

mknoebel

Jul 9, 2023
The local stations on Directv Stream are exactly the same as if you had an antenna up or watched them on Spectrum cable. So WRAL on Directv Stream will have local news, NBC sitcoms, SNL, etc.

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
As of right now, CBS-17 seems to be the only network/channel affected by a contract dispute. I know I've watched SNL and Premier League, though not often, through DTV Stream. Both are on the guide for this weekend.
They do offer a trial period (though 5 days is pretty light). I certainly don't want to be a shill for it haha, just trying to relate my experience/help you get what you're looking for!

Last edited:
Reactions: chaz4hockey

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
As of right now, CBS-17 seems to be the only network/channel affected by a contract dispute. I know I've watched SNL and Premier League, though not often, through DTV Stream. Both are on the guide for this weekend.
They do offer a trial period (though 5 days is pretty light). I certainly don't want to be a shill for it haha, just trying to relate my experience/help you get what you're looking for!
So, do you get no CBS programing, or just no local channel?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I ended up leaving Spectrum TV for Youtube TV (kept internet), but now I'll need to find an alternative method to get Bally. Don't think we're moving again to DirecTV stream; my wife might kill me. Although if I can't find the Canes any other way...

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I ended up leaving Spectrum TV for Youtube TV (kept internet), but now I'll need to find an alternative method to get Bally. Don't think we're moving again to DirecTV stream; my wife might kill me. Although if I can't find the Canes any other way...
Why did you leave DirectTV stream? Asking because I am considering going to them from Spectrum.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
Wow at proposed monthly cost for MSG & per game cost:
NESN charges $29.99 per month as well - or did. $9.99 a game, though?? WOW

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
There's Bally+ $20 per month/$190 per year. Otherwise, join the dark side

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Getting to crunch time for Diamond/Bally's....good article that lays out timelines:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
The good: Comcast and Directv have agreed to extensions.
The bad: report below suggests Diamond has decided to shut down next year.

Post excerpt:
"The NBA and NHL are leaning toward accepting the haircut, which would allow Diamond to survive for another year, the source said.

“This is a reorganization that will become a liquidation,” another source said.

A Diamond spokesman declined comment.

Diamond will shut its doors but not until it makes some money from more profitable contracts so the creditors get some recovery, two sources said.

That also would help the NBA and NHL which are not well prepared for a liquidation, sources said.

Another possibility is Diamond would stop broadcasting games in markets where it is losing money if it cannot reach an overall deal with either the NBA or NHL, according to the first source.

"Neither league looks poised to prop up individual teams with local TV distribution the way Major League Baseball did for several of its clubs when Diamond forsook them over the summer".

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad