Speculation: Where and for how much (Demers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
It would not surprise me if he took a 1 or 2 year deal to go back to Dallas.

I would. We already have 8 D that require waivers. with Demers we have 9. Kling, Hamhuis, Johns, Oduya, Benn, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Backman. This plus the fact that Nill wants Lindell to play next year. Nill apparently has gotten offers for Nemeth but doesnt want to move him because he think he will be something. So that leaves moving Backman and Oleksiak, I can't see teams wanting to play Nill what he wants, and I think Oleksiak might get claimed if waived and Backman probably clears, but wants to play in the bigs and has threatened to go back to Sweden

our D currently looks like

Hamhuis-Kling
Oduya-Johns
Lindell-Benn
Nemeth-Oleksiak
Backman

Adding Demers to me makes absolutely no sense. We ideally should move 2 of these guys adding Demers means 3 need to be moved. I think the Demers in Dallas ship has sailed

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
i see oilers still having interest. i think if the blues move shattenkirk there could be something there. avs and devils might want him

hard to say

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I would. We already have 8 D that require waivers. with Demers we have 9. Kling, Hamhuis, Johns, Oduya, Benn, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Backman. This plus the fact that Nill wants Lindell to play next year. Nill apparently has gotten offers for Nemeth but doesnt want to move him because he think he will be something. So that leaves moving Backman and Oleksiak, I can't see teams wanting to play Nill what he wants, and I think Oleksiak might get claimed if waived and Backman probably clears, but wants to play in the bigs and has threatened to go back to Sweden

our D currently looks like

Hamhuis-Kling
Oduya-Johns
Lindell-Benn
Nemeth-Oleksiak
Backman

Adding Demers to me makes absolutely no sense. We ideally should move 2 of these guys adding Demers means 3 need to be moved. I think the Demers in Dallas ship has sailed

Pretty sure the plan is Backman plays AHL topparing with Honka . He got more guaranteed money if he's on the AHL roster than usual .
But yes Demers would 100% mean at the very least 1 of Nemeth / Oleksiak moves and the value can't be very good for either of them.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
This seems like the franson situation last year. If demers has to have a make good year then I think he would crawl back. He likes the team. I think Nill would probably at that point throw oleksiak in a deal. And carry 8 dmen again. If the stars can swing a deal for Bishop and then keep demers it really improves the team.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
As a UFA, he's going to get term and $$$ well above what he's otherwise worth.

Yet, somehow some people here will act totally dumbfounded he got term and $$$ above his actual worth.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This seems like the franson situation last year. If demers has to have a make good year then I think he would crawl back. He likes the team. I think Nill would probably at that point throw oleksiak in a deal. And carry 8 dmen again. If the stars can swing a deal for Bishop and then keep demers it really improves the team.

We already have 8 D though. Demers would make it 9

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It actually makes me happy to see no team gave out anything stupid to Demers and Russel just yet. Both likely want long-term deal and expansion protection combined with of course good money and that seems questionable for a #3-4 ( Demers ) or a #4-5(Russel) defenseman .

Of course it could also means there's still a secret bidding war going on behind closed doors and they'll get something extremely stupid at the end but that seems unlikely . :P

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Looks like Florida for five years 22.5 million as per Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad