Speculation: Where and for how much (Demers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm interested in him because of how maligned he was as a shark. Seemed to take a big step forward his last year here only to be traded for Dillon with retention!

By all accounts he did well in the stars system. 3rd in points and p/60. Posted a 54% CF.

Being likely the most sought after RHD in FA I would've expected him signing day 1.

So is there a bidding war or is he going to end up with a 1 year prove it deal?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
someone will overpay for him so much. Decent dman yes, but he will get a lot more than hes actually worth

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wish the Rangers could free up a bit more cap space to add him. Would help in the second pair.

May be our prayers will be answered and they will buyout Girardi during the second window.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I'm hoping New Jersey is all over him. They could afford him and it makes perfect sense on paper. Would make that team very interesting.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Wish the Rangers could free up a bit more cap space to add him. Would help in the second pair.

May be our prayers will be answered and they will buyout Girardi during the second window.

Rangers should be in on Demers or Schultz.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

This is where unnecessary contracts like Holden's hurts them (not talking about contracts that were in place before the draft). That extra 1.65 million could be very helpful to make a legit offer to Demers. Especially if God forbid they could get someone to eat the last year of Glass' contract (maybe using the pick they traded for Holden)

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If they move Glass or demote him they could potentially fit him but they wouldn't have any cap space to make,moves during the season.

Would be nice to have:

McD - Klein/Demers
Staal - Demers/Klein
Skjei - McI
Holden
I think the Rangers will make a move before camp that will clear a little cap.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Heard that at the very least, Jason Demers wants the Goligoski deal around 5 years $27.5 million. But wouldn't be shocked if he got more.

I don't think he gets that much. I'm not sure he gets 5/25 at this point but I could definitely be wrong.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really surprised Edmonton didn't go after him. Would really round out that Edmonton top 4 and give a good minute munching shut down guy.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Heard that at the very least, Jason Demers wants the Goligoski deal around 5 years $27.5 million. But wouldn't be shocked if he got more.

5.5 millions to Jason Demers is the reason why he's not signed today. This is insane and he totally not diserve this money.

July 1st is all about robbery

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Really surprised Edmonton didn't go after him. Would really round out that Edmonton top 4 and give a good minute munching shut down guy.

We need a guy who can QB our PP and move the puck up the ice more than another shutdown guy. Chiarelli already at this point Demers isn't being signed by us.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
im personally thinking he gets around 4.5. if he had a deal on that table for that much he wouldve signed already. im guessing hes not getting the offers he likes.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
Wouldn't want him for what he likely wants ($5 mil + with term) but would take him if he can't finds what he wants for $4 x 3

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It would not surprise me if he took a 1 or 2 year deal to go back to Dallas.

He would have to completely miss out to crawl back to Nill and come back to Dallas for a short term deal. I mean it could happen and i'd take him back but i would be suprised if that happened . Nill already talked about letting Demers , Russel and Goligoski walk in the interview on the Stars site about signing Hamhuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad