When will they meet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Most likely Wed i would assume...nothing confirmed yet....later in the day im sure well get a confirmation.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
arent they supposed to be meeting today to figure out when the next meetings will take place?LoL

Bring it back---------->nike

mooseOAK*

"When will I see yoooo...again... When will we shaaare precious moments?"

King_Brown

NHL should march right on in, and say here is our proposal, you agreed to linkage here it is baby 53-55% linkage, the floating cap, RFA at 30 years old, and a few other gifts for the players, and offer to reduce contracts by 35% on all contracts, they will honour all deals for 2004-2005. If this is rejected the NHL should not talk to the PA anymore, and just offer 46% linkage, RFA at 32, and no floating cap until the players are ready to agree.

King_Brown

They are going to work in small groups, on there case studies, and Professor Bettman and Goodenow will mark them on there assignments once finished on Thursday.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Or...... most of the items have been agreed to and this meeting is to complete the "small stuff" (i.e. dot the "i's" and cross the "t's").

The Article also said "deal maybe possible before July". On Friday the Canadian Press had "deal maybe Possible in a Month or so". Its interesting the article has changed somewhat.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
King_Brown said:
NHL should march right on in, and say here is our proposal, you agreed to linkage here it is baby 53-55% linkage, the floating cap, RFA at 30 years old, and a few other gifts for the players, and offer to reduce contracts by 35% on all contracts, they will honour all deals for 2004-2005. If this is rejected the NHL should not talk to the PA anymore, and just offer 46% linkage, RFA at 32, and no floating cap until the players are ready to agree.

What incredible business acumen you show. Be sure to enjoy your career flipping burgers.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
King_Brown said:

And I thought Bettman and Goodenow were bad, my whole outlook on them are now much different if people like you were left in charge. Thanks a LOT.

DeleteThisAccount

May 3, 2004
And eating brains
www.southcape.org
King_Brown said:
Hi, Mr. Bettman. It's good to see that you care about the NHL community, finally. It also relieves me to know that you'll be too busy posting here on HFboards to be at that meeting tomorrow. At least we all know something will get done. ;)

Mighty Duck

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
King_Brown said:

Decertify and see you in court! :yo:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nhl7jun07,1,1356561.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

LA TIMES:

Against a backdrop of growing optimism, representatives of the NHL and the NHL Players' Assn. today will begin three days of meetings in New York, hoping to build on momentum from recent sessions.

"This is the first time that the two sides are working together, moving toward a deal," a source familiar with the union side of the negotiations said.

The sides have already resolved several differences, the source said. The players are still unwilling to agree to a 24% across-the-board rollback of salaries unless the NHL honors contracts from the 2004-05 season, but that might not be a deal-breaker. The union may use that as leverage to gain concessions in other areas, such as qualifying offers.

Also this week, the league is likely to begin the voting process to approve the sale of the Mighty Ducks to Henry and Susan Samueli. The $75-million sale by the Walt Disney Co. could be completed as early as Monday. A league source said the NHL and Disney still have issues to resolve before the league can approve the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad