When will Mark Giordano relinquish his position as the best Flames defenseman?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brodie didn't get nearly enough credit for "Engelland stepping up his game" Brodie made a guy who should never be in the top 4 look like he was handling some of those minutes.
You are right, instead people waste their time putting Engelland down talking about he be "brought down Brodie"

May 27, 2012
Earth
It goes both ways. Engelland was pure dirt before playing with Brodie. Did adequately in his time in the top 4. Brodie's ability to play his game was hindered by Engelland.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Disagree. I think Brodie is the Keith to a Seabrook. He's as close as it gets to Duncan Keith at the same age. If we had a Seabrook for him, instead of a Giordano and a Hamilton, we would legitimately be talking about how much of a franchise D we have on our hands. Unfortunately for him Gio and, presumably Dougie, are better than Seabrook.

I wasn't comparing abilities or playing style. Just the fact that Gio is the elite presence with Brodie being the shade-under-elite #2... for now

I still think Hamilton surpasses Brodie though.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I think Hamilton/Brodie jostle this year for the #2, but next year we will have a new 3 headed monster ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad