Speculation: When will discussions with JT begin?

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
i remember seeing him in that documentary looking at the bossy statue at the coliseum before every single game. he wants to be the next bossy. hopefully snow can bring in/fully develop the other pieces that helped support bossy..

That was 26.4 miles away and several wasted seasons ago...

Last edited:

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I could see JT doing that like Crosby did...Crosby signed for 8.7 per I could see JT doing 9.1, but my guess is he does 8yrs/$80M.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I could see JT doing that like Crosby did...Crosby signed for 8.7 per I could see JT doing 9.1, but my guess is he does 8yrs/$80M.

Yeah my guess is they will use the Kopitar deal as the basis for Tavares. Islanders would be stupid to expect him to give a hometown discount this time

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
IF it plays out like Stamkos i'll be embarrassed for the organization. I'm not too concerned. If he pulls a Nielsen we have very little control over that. He just might. Just gotta truck on...any big UFA's in 2017?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Last time JT's contract ended, he was going to be a rfa and we had quite a few rumors coming from the Canadian press, that he would be signing a Leafs offsheet. He signed about 10 months before his contract expired, saying he did not want the contract to be a locker room distraction.

I really want him to sign early again. I cannot imagine going thru the nonsense that TB fans went thru this season.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Yeah my guess is they will use the Kopitar deal as the basis for Tavares. Islanders would be stupid to expect him to give a hometown discount this time

Isles should not expect nor ask for a hometown discount from JT(nor do I think they will). He's quite obviously worth market value, which for him is around $10 mil per. It shouldn't even be a question. Just give it to him.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Isles should not expect nor ask for a hometown discount from JT(nor do I think they will). He's quite obviously worth market value, which for him is around $10 mil per. It shouldn't even be a question. Just give it to him.

Agreed, asking for a discount would be stupid. Offer him fair value, and if he wants more then give it to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad