When their careers are over, who will be the known as the best Tkachuk?

When their careers are over, who will go down as the best?

• Keith

• Matthew

• Brady

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Matthew's already had more points in a season than Keith ever did, but will he get 500+ goals/1000+P like his dad?

I dont think its out of the question if he plays with Barkov in the prime of career.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I picked Brady, as the Sens grow into a better team Brady will only get better and he's already pretty damn good.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I picked Brady, as the Sens grow into a better team Brady will only get better and he's already pretty damn good.
I agree with this but Matthew has had the ebtter career and is projecting that way as well.

neither guy needs to do very much in the playoffs to surpass their father who surprisdly didn't have a very good playoff resume.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I personally dont see Brady ever producing at the level his brother has. Hes a good player and will be an effective/productive one, but his offensive peak is going to be lower.

Reactions: LT

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Keith. he had a dimension to his game the other two think they have, and desperately want to have, but don't...actually being tough.

Keith was one of the most feared all around players of his time. He was incredibly dirty, a great agitator, and if other players tried to make him pay for playing dirty, he'd kick the shit out of them, then come out of the box and score a hatty.

the guy was a beast, his boys can't even remotely compare to that. Brady's the closest I guess, but still a shadow of what his dad was.

Matthew is a disgrace.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Keith. he had a dimension to his game the other two think they have, and desperately want to have, but don't...actually being tough.

Keith was one of the most feared all around players of his time. He was incredibly dirty, a great agitator, and if other players tried to make him pay for playing dirty, he'd kick the shit out of them, then come out of the box and score a hatty.

the guy was a beast, his boys can't even remotely compare to that. Brady's the closest I guess, but still a shadow of what his dad was.

Matthew is a disgrace.
Brady plays exactly like that and is currently the best power forward in the NHL. Ive been ice level and watched him bully every player on the ice he was 19. Weird post. Did you watch the game on friday? He is one of the toughest players in the league.

As for the poll I didnt vote. Really hard to say at this point in the young careers for Matt and Brady. However from a character perspective Brady seems to have alot of his mother in him. Didnt chase the money/lifestyle like his Father and Brother did. Commited long term to a small canadian market as the team captain and face of the franchise.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Brady plays exactly like that and is currently the best power forward in the NHL. Ive been ice level and watched him bully every player on the ice he was 19. Weird post. Did you watch the game on friday? He is one of the toughest players in the league.

As for the poll I didnt vote. Really hard to say at this point in the young careers for Matt and Brady. However from a character perspective Brady seems to have alot of his mother in him. Didnt chase the money/lifestyle like his Father and Brother did. Commited long term to a small canadian market as the team captain and face of the franchise.

did you ever watch Keith play? they are not comparable. when players think of other players they wouldn't want to mess with, Brady Tkachuk is not on that list. Keith was.

And yes I do watch Brady, and he plays hard and tough, but he's not just as likely to beat the piss out of you as he is to score 3 on you as his dad was.

Part of it is obviously it's a different era, and the game has changed, but in an era of tough guys, Keith was one of the toughest, and that's not Brady. he plays a physical game, but he's not a tough guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
did you ever watch Keith play? they are not comparable. when players think of other players they wouldn't want to mess with, Brady Tkachuk is not on that list. Keith was.

And yes I do watch Brady, and he plays hard and tough, but he's not just as likely to beat the piss out of you as he is to score 3 on you as his dad was.

Part of it is obviously it's a different era, and the game has changed, but in an era of tough guys, Keith was one of the toughest, and that's not Brady. he plays a physical game, but he's not a tough guy.
I watched Keith play plenty. The last sentence is 100 percent incorrect. Did you see Stromes face when he hit Giroux from behind? Did you watch the game on Friday? If you did you wouldn't keep repeating what's factually incorrect. He has beat up every single player he has fought this year.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It will depend on playoffs. If one of the brothers wins a cup and/or has a Conn Smythe-worthy run, while also topping 400 goals, they will be remembered as the best.

Tie would probably go to Brady because of Canadian bias.

I watched Keith play plenty. The last sentence is 100 percent incorrect. Did you see Stromes face when he hit Giroux from behind? Did you watch the game on Friday? If you did you wouldn't keep repeating what's factually incorrect. He has beat up every single player he has fought this year.
I think it was Sanderson, no?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Keith also says a fight between Brady and Matthew would last 3-5 seconds tops, he said Brady would crush him, and it wouldn’t even be close he said.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Matthew and not even close, the comparison to the Mannings is accurate (although TBD where Arch ends up in all of that).

found the guy who just wants to fellate over the 90s NHL

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

IMO, I find it's actually bizarre that it seems like Matthew and Brady are two distinct halves of what Keith was. Combine the two together and it's like recreating Keith. Both differ slightly in their skillsets, but the skill sets they mastered seemed to be on par with the ceiling skillsets that Keith had.

Matthew has the higher end skill/stick handling and dirtiness/pest in him which was more the cerebral part of Keith's game. Brady is the bigger, more physical power forward type of presence that Keith was. Matthew is seemingly more likely to get into a brawl than Brady, but Brady is more likely to power forward hit to hurt type of player.

The answer to this poll depends on the definition of "best". IMO, the best Tkachuk is the one with the most hardware/cup wins. Matthew currently has the most points per season of all 3, but I don't know if you'd argue he'd have the best prime based purely on that alone. It's possible that Matthew and Keith could blow Brady away points/stats wise, but if Brady is the sole one out of the three to win the grail as a player, it'd be hard to disregard that.

I think I'd go with something like this prediction wise, at the end of their careers:

- Keith: Most complete player of the 3
- Matthew: Best stats/most points of the 3
- Brady: Most hardware of the 3

Interesting poll.

Reactions: Voight

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Not sure where that "Brady is not a tough guy" thing is coming from but I guess it's because he always go after pansies like Shea Weber :dunno:

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Went with Brady. Probably the least likely of the three to be known as the best Tkachuk, but I really like how his game has progressed over the past couple seasons. He looks to be the full package.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Not sure where that "Brady is not a tough guy" thing is coming from but I guess it's because he always go after pansies like Shea Weber :dunno:

I don't think anyone is saying that Brady isn't tough, but if you think he's comparable to Keith in that area, you are either underrating Keith or overrating Brady. At least at this point.

In his 2nd full year in the NHL, Keith at 21 (22) had 255 Pims to go along with his 81 points.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't think anyone is saying that Brady isn't tough, but if you think he's comparable to Keith in that area, you are either underrating Keith or overrating Brady. At least at this point.

In his 2nd full year in the NHL, Keith at 21 (22) had 255 Pims to go along with his 81 points.

I don't know how others operate but personally I don't talk about things I am not talking about

My post had nothing to do with Keith, it had everything to do with this statement :

"and that's not Brady. he plays a physical game, but he's not a tough guy"

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I don't know how others operate but personally I don't talk about things I am not talking about

My post had nothing to do with Keith, it had everything to do with this statement :

"and that's not Brady. he plays a physical game, but he's not a tough guy"
Fair enough, looks like I missed that statement.

My point stands though. As tough as Brady is, Keith was much tougher.

Reactions: Xspyrit

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Fair enough, looks like I missed that statement.

My point stands though. As tough as Brady is, Keith was much tougher.

But relatively speaking, Brady might be tougher, just because the game has changed so much.

Like Brady might rank higher in current NHL toughness compared to Keith in the 90s. When Keith played, every team had 2-4 guys who were there for almost nothing else other than to hit and fight. You had 6'6, 240 pound monsters on every team. Keith was a tough customer that fought a bunch...but did he go toe-to-toe with the Stu grimsons and Peter worrells of the time? I'd have to check his fight card as it's been a couple decades. Whereas with Brady, there isn't many guys he wouldn't fight in the league today.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
But relatively speaking, Brady might be tougher, just because the game has changed so much.

Like Brady might rank higher in current NHL toughness compared to Keith in the 90s. When Keith played, every team had 2-4 guys who were there for almost nothing else other than to hit and fight. You had 6'6, 240 pound monsters on every team. Keith was a tough customer that fought a bunch...but did he go toe-to-toe with the Stu grimsons and Peter worrells of the time? I'd have to check his fight card as it's been a couple decades. Whereas with Brady, there isn't many guys he wouldn't fight in the league today.

I don't think Keith ever fought guys at that level, but handled himself well against the Darren McCarty, Warren Reichel level guys.

You're right, outside of a few stragglers like Reaves and Deslauriers, there aren't really any super tough customers anymore, but I don't think Brady would fair well vs Ryan Reaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad