OT: When the Rangers are off, what team......

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Do you have a tendency to watch, most often? Is it a team because it's relevant to the Rangers and the standings? Is it because of a specific player, that you just have to watch? Is it because you have a distant liking of that team? Or the hatred of that team that you just watch to watch them lose?
Be my guest to not only answer the question, (there can be multiple answers for different reasons) but please, don't hesitate to expound.

My answers are Carolina and Minnesota. Carolina because in general I hate them less than any other in our division and kind of like Aho. Get to see quite a few of our send offs (Fast, Skeji, Stepan) Wish we had their coach, (thats beside the point) but of course always root hard for them to lose.

Minnesota......the obvious answer is to see my man Zucch and their overall physicality they bring (which is something our team is kind of good at, but want more) When they play one of division rivals, that is a plus.

Thanks

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Canucks because that's my home team and I like to make fun of my Canuck fan friends & family. Washington because Ovechkin is my favorite player (after Krav ofc) so I like watching him chase Gretzky's record. The Devils are pretty exciting to watch for Hughes. I like Arizona because I like deserts.

Reactions: tlk and Tob

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I like Carolina and Minnesota as well. Entertaining hockey. Zucc and Kaprizov are a treat. Colorado when healthy is also a beaut. I tune in to Caps games a lot because I like watching Ovie pursue history. I’ve been watching Buffalo a lot this year because the goat head jersey is a thing of beauty and Tage is a beast. And - it pains me to say it - the Devils are a fun team right now.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Canucks because that's my home team and I like to make fun of my Canuck fan friends & family. Canucks because J.T Miller is my favorite player (after Krav ofc) so I like watching him chase Gretzky's record. The Oilers are pretty exciting to watch for McDavid. I like Long Island because I like senile general managers.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Do you have a tendency to watch, most often? Is it a team because it's relevant to the Rangers and the standings? Is it because of a specific player, that you just have to watch? Is it because you have a distant liking of that team? Or the hatred of that team that you just watch to watch them lose?
Be my guest to not only answer the question, (there can be multiple answers for different reasons) but please, don't hesitate to expound.

My answers are Carolina and Minnesota. Carolina because in general I hate them less than any other in our division and kind of like Aho. Get to see quite a few of our send offs (Fast, Skeji, Stepan) Wish we had their coach, (thats beside the point) but of course always root hard for them to lose.

Minnesota......the obvious answer is to see my man Zucch and their overall physicality they bring (which is something our team is kind of good at, but want more) When they play one of division rivals, that is a plus.

Thanks
I watch the Avalanche games because I live here and own 1/4 of the season tickets. I still rooted for the Rangers when they came here this year. It was an awesome win.

Gaborik got a hat trick here once and people were throwing their hats on the ice.

Reactions: LokiDog

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I used to watch tons of games. Especially when I lived in CA. I watched everything and even went to a few Ducks games.

Now I don't really watch anyone else. I watch more non-NHL games, like Hartford, NCAA, and CHL games, than I do non-Rangers NHL games.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anything that is relevant to the standings in the metro and usually will catch Stars games for obvious reason.

Reactions: LokiDog and Tob

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I watch the Islanders and Devils with their announcers on full volume when they are losing by 2 goals or more.

I also enjoy watching the West coast games at 10pm.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Deleted member 23124

I follow Rangers and Habs.....first hockey game I ever saw was between them: two talented, skating teams that showed the true beauty of the game without all the stupid stuff.

Reactions: egelband

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Used to watch the Sens when I had Center Ice in Florida about 20 years ago. That team with Alfie, Hoss, Havlat, Bonk, Chara, Fisher and Redden was a joy to watch. Prime Lalime wasn’t too bad either.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
yes we all know you two time this board with the Ducks board. My grandpa had a secret family on the other side of town 30 years ago like this.

Oh come on now, I have plenty of love to give. They are good folks over there, and the folks here although are crazy, are good folks also. Lol.

Reactions: Tob

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Canucks because that's my home team and I like to make fun of my Canuck fan friends & family. Canucks because J.T Miller is my favorite player (after Krav ofc) so I like watching him chase Gretzky's record. The Oilers are pretty exciting to watch for McDavid. I like Long Island because I like senile general managers.
I've missed these serious posts. I'm glad you're back posting regularly again.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I’ll watch New Jersey the fish Boston Phila the pens the caps. Pretty much Anyone because I’d rather just watch hockey for hockeys sake. When we’re not playing it’s easier to stay indifferent and watch the talent for what the talent is. Good hockey is good for the game and ultimately that’s what it boils down to.

Reactions: LokiDog

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’ll watch New Jersey the fish Boston Phila the pens the caps. Pretty much Anyone because I’d rather just watch hockey for hockeys sake. When we’re not playing it’s easier to stay indifferent and watch the talent for what the talent is. Good hockey is good for the game and ultimately that’s what it boils down to.
Bump. I know there are many others that have somethiung to share here. Maybe it got buried quickly during a bunch of Rangers games. Even I forgot about it. lol.
I really like this answer, and used to do the same.......my GF won't allow it though, she'll watch intently for HER Rangers, but gets angry with me when I watch a Non-Ranger game. She's like; "whaddaya watching that for"? I explained how it was relevant to the Rangers standings, and she's like, get into bed and MaKe a MoViE with me.......I mean, watch a movie with me.
C'mon guys.....please? I'm not gonna beg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad