Votes: 13 4.0%

Votes: 42 13.0%

Votes: 129 40.1%

Votes: 78 24.2%

Votes: 36 11.2%

• Total voters

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
NJ would still not be easy to get by in Round 1 esp if they add a certain Shark..

BOS is still the favorite but NYR , TB and TML would be right up there

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You're adding Patrick Kane while taking really nothing away from the roster. On paper, I'd call them the best team in the league, but in hockey the best team on paper doesn't win all that often still, all things considered.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
they already score a lot of goals I don’t think he’ll move that needle as much as people think. His terrible defense won’t help. I’d still say top 10 team and a decent chance the Devils make them 1 and done and make those wasted assets in the Tank/Kane trades

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Boston ahead still. You can argue NY for 2nd but there’s other very solid teams as well that can take that spot

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
they already score a lot of goals I don’t think he’ll move that needle as much as people think. His terrible defense won’t help. I’d still say top 10 team and a decent chance the Devils make them 1 and done and make those wasted assets in the Tank/Kane trades
Agree with all of this except the playoffs are a different animal and don't expect NJ to make the NYR one and done but also wouldn't be surprised either.

Getting Kane doesn't really move the needle as much as some think here.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Your 2023 Stanley Cup champions the New York Rangers featuring Patrick Kane.

Notice whats not in that sentence? :laugh:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
1. Boston
2. Colorado
3. NYR
4. Toronto
5. Carolina
6. Tampa
7. Edmonton

Those are the only teams with a real chance in my opinion.
I honeslty don’t think Edmonton stands a chance. Their D and G are still way too shaky and bottom 6 is questionable. McDrai can get them through a few series but to win 4 on their own, I don’t see it

Reactions: TimeZone

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1. Boston
2. Colorado
3. NYR
4. Toronto
5. Carolina
6. Tampa
7. Edmonton

Why is Colorado so overrated?

They lost 2 damm good players and haven’t been able to replace them while East has absolutely loaded up

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Adding him makes them nearly impossible to shutdown, especially since he has previous chemistry with Panarin. Not sure if they would be better overall than Boston still but they would be very close. 2nd best team atleast.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
1. Boston
2. Colorado
3. NYR
4. Toronto
5. Carolina
6. Tampa
7. Edmonton

The Rangers and Leafs have no business being above Carolina. And Tampa hasn’t show they’re going anywhere on the contender list either.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The Rangers and Leafs have no business being above Carolina. And Tampa hasn’t show they’re going anywhere on the contender list either.
When have they shown they are not...not a homer comment...but it is widely known...Tampa coasts until the playoffs. If they get tossed in round one I will say you were right. Until then...they have Vasy. That alone is worth the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: SquidNasty

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
When have they shown they are not...not a homer comment...but it is widely known...Tampa coasts until the playoffs. If they get tossed in round one I will say you were right. Until then...they have Vasy. That alone is worth the benefit of the doubt.
I was pushing back on the comment I quoted that had Tampa at 6. I agree they’re top contenders in the East.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I mean the Rangers beat Carolina last year and have probably improved their roster more than Carolina has since. I don’t see why it’d be a stretch to have them above. The Canes are a really good all around team, but I still think their lack of gamebreaking offensive players hurts them.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You're adding Patrick Kane while taking really nothing away from the roster. On paper, I'd call them the best team in the league, but in hockey the best team on paper doesn't win all that often still, all things considered.
The best team is Boston. Both on paper and on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad