Line Combos: When McDavid comes back, what are the lines?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McDavid sounds like he’s coming back soon but no word on Neal, Kassian is out for 5 more, Nygard till mid-March at the earliest and Gagner is now banged up.

Assume the 1st and 3rd lines remain intact, and Haas retains the 4C spot, who plays with McDavid and who plays with Haas?

(Can’t pick a non-Oiler, must be from our organization)

RNH Draisatl Yamo
XXX McDavid XXX
Benson Sheahan Archie
XXX Haas XXX

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
It does depend on when Neal and Nygard get back. I'm not sure if Benson has 100% earned his spot on that 3rd line despite the fact he has played well in his last two. I don't mind Chiasson-Haas-Nygard for a 4th line. Unless we get another top 6 winger, we'll likely be running Neal-McDavid-Kassian (again, when all of them get back).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It does depend on when Neal and Nygard get back. I'm not sure if Benson has 100% earned his spot on that 3rd line despite the fact he has played well in his last two. I don't mind Chiasson-Haas-Nygard for a 4th line. Unless we get another top 6 winger, we'll likely be running Neal-McDavid-Kassian (again, when all of them get back).

Assuming Neal is out long term and Nygard is what would you do then?

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Assuming Neal is out long term and Nygard is what would you do then?

I'd alternate between Gagner and Khaira to fill in for Nygard on the 4th line (Khaira mostly for his PK ability, Gagner for a small amount of offense). If Neal is gone long-term, then I think you pretty much have to add a winger to go with McDavid and Kassian. There aren't any suitable solutions on the current roster (you can't play Gagner with McDavid in 2020 and you open up another hole by moving Archibald up the lineup, I think).

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
RNH/Drai/Yams
Khaira/McDavid/Chiasson
Nygard/Haas/Kass
Benson/Sheahan/Archibald

Who was Kassian playing with before just prior to his suspension?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I do not know, if Benson fits with Sheahan and Archibald, I leave him there, until they add a forward, make a crazy play, assuming Kassian is still suspended,

Chiasson - McDavid - Haas
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Benson - Sheahan - Archibald
Granlund - Cave - Prussell
Khaira, Gagner(I assume will still be hurt)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I do not know, if Benson fits with Sheahan and Archibald, I leave him there, until they add a forward, make a crazy play, assuming Kassian is still suspended,

I think this lineup makes the most sense. :nod:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I really liked Benson Sheahan Archibald

Obviously you don't mess with RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Chiasson has had good success with McDavid previously I run with Chaisson McDavid plus whoever is left standing/works (Kharia Gagner Haas Cave)

Patrick and Cave make up 2/3rds of the once upon a time line. As in once upon a time they scored an nhl goal.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK

Khaira > Benson, Granlund, Cave, or Prussell as a top 6 forward.

Edit: bottom 6... none of them belong in the top 6.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Granlund and Currie, Connor then goes into the locker room in the first intermission but then proceeds to keep walking right out of the arena saying "**** this, this isn't Bakersfield, get me some ****ing wingers Holland!"

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If this was EA sports I would doubleshift McD.

DRY
Chiasson-McD-Haas
BSA
Khaira-McD-Cave
Granlund(designated PKer)

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I wouldn’t mind giving benson and Archibald a look with McDavid once he gets back
Kass and Neal together are to slow. Short term try putting Archie in for one of them. I think Kenny needs to make a trade for skill with speed. Unfair for McDavid. He needs someone who can think the game and play the game on or near his level.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
Chia’s son and Haas.

I think given an opportunity Haas could surprise a bit. Good wheels and a good shot.
Not happening. Pretty clear Tippet cant wait to get Haas in the press box. I'd love to see it though. I'd like to try Haas and Archibald as McDavids wingers personally. That line would have phenomenal speed with some grit......not to sure if they'd have much finish.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Assuming Kassian, Neal, Nygard, and Gagner are not in the lineup:

Khaira - McDavid - Chiasson
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Granlund - Haas - Russell

Didn’t want to mess around with the 2nd and 3rd lines as they have had good chemistry. Khaira and Chiasson have shown some offense in the past so went with them as the wingers on the top line with McDavid (which will probably end up being the 2nd line tbh)

Reactions: Aerchon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad