Prediction Contest: When is Keefe fired?

When does Keefe get fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think they probably wanted to ride it out with Keefe but it's going to get to a point where they can't. I think most likely Guy Boucher is given interim HC job and then that's it for this year.

Boucher and Mike Van Ryn sucked as assistants and I could see an entirely new coaching staff in place for next year.
In all fairness, coaching the D is a exercise in futility when the biggest question each game is which bottom pairing D men will have to play beyond his ability tonight…….

Reactions: Taylor Halls Teeth

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Look whats trending on my twitter feed :laugh:

1705871857186.png

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Not a ringing endorsement for Keefe:

William Nylander said the Leafs were missing “a little bit of competitiveness” from puck drop, and it was evident which side was getting coached by Tocchet.

“Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now,” Max Domi said. “You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go.”
Tuning Keefe out?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Leafs won't be fired this season. Don't get me wrong; I want him fired as much as the next guy but given how this management operates its not going to happen this season IMO. Given that Leafs are potentially going to miss the playoff revenue they won't be paying Keefe to sit his ass at home.

Money is tight everywhere lol

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Trading Lafferty to make room for Reaves.

Wasting all that cap space on Kampf Domi Bertuzzi Klingberg.

Berating Samsonov in arbitration.

Is Keefe the GM or Treliving.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Is is very possible that both Keefe and Treliving are not doing a great job, just putting that out there. 🤔

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Off topic but it reminds me of my favourite response from a player during an arbitration hearing.

George Bell had just won the AL MVP and was in arbitration. Bluejays mgmt were degrading his abilities. Bell pipes up and says ok I’ll take the offer but “ I want a 50,000 bonus if I win comeback player of the year”

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Off topic but it reminds me of my favourite response from a player during an arbitration hearing.

George Bell had just won the AL MVP and was in arbitration. Bluejays mgmt were degrading his abilities. Bell pipes up and says ok I’ll take the offer but “ I want a 50,000 bonus if I win comeback player of the year”
Arbitration is there for a reason but it's best to avoid if possible. Going to arb with Samsonov.. I can understand that. Going with George Bell... you are not going in on your front foot with the League MVP.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Not a ringing endorsement for Keefe:

William Nylander said the Leafs were missing “a little bit of competitiveness” from puck drop, and it was evident which side was getting coached by Tocchet.

“Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now,” Max Domi said. “You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go.”

The audacity of our lazy bunch looking at the opposition players being professionals and thinking damn they are well coached, we need a better coach.

Shameless. All of them.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I hope your right, but on the other hand missing the playoffs might be the best decision long term for this train wreck………
I don't know. If a new coach comes in maybe they can do something in the playoffs.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
This is getting ridiculous. He should never have been extended; the lines are terrible, fumbled the playoffs multiple times and just portrays victim hood imo. Never takes the blame it’s always on the players.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We all said this would be an interesting stretch to gauge the Leafs strength after watching Leafs beat up on bottom feeders SJ and Anaheim .

1705864048435.png

Unsurprisingly Keefe has already lost 5 of those 8 and saved by video review on the other.

3 more games left in January and this might be the final straw if Keefe doesn't win at least 2 of next 3.

Based on low expectations of Keefe, the next few games might mercifully get Leafs a REAL new coach come February as they continue to undo the damage of the past GM.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
This is getting ridiculous. He should never have been extended; the lines are terrible, fumbled the playoffs multiple times and just portrays victim hood imo. Never takes the blame it’s always on the players.
The roster is terrible. He basically has to hide guys like Klingberg on the ice.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Tocchet sat Kuzmenko, I doubt Keefe has the ball to sit Nylander.

No one says the Leafs roster is the second coming of 4 times SC team. However, Keefe's system makes the leafs' position worse.
What system would you employ, keeping in mind playoff success would be the measuring stick?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'm hoping it's soon. I don't know how much longer I can stand watching Keefe revert to combinations that worked months/years ago but haven't been working lately because he's hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
A win over Seattle tonight. This team will continue to tread water, trade wins and losses, squeak into the playoffs, go no further than the 2nd round, and another year will be wasted with this core.
Making the second round would be an over achievement

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Shanahan's coaches as a player included Keenan, Bowman, and Babcock.

Garbage human beings all three. Shanahan probably hated playing for those ass hats. So he hired the softest coach in league history to appease his stars.

Remember, Babcock wasn't brought in to coach MNMT.

He was brought in to coach Kessel, Phaneuf, and those loser blowheads of the previous core. The players had taken over the dressing room. Babcock broke that sense of entitlement.

But Babcock's methods proved toxic to Shanahan's three budding young stars.

So Shanahan compensated by providing them the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Now they've gone from one sense of entitlement to another. Keefe might not ever be as successful as the HOF head coaches Shanahan played for but at least the players like him.

And when he's finally fired this year he can always take comfort in all that respect in the handshake lineup he won.

Reactions: TMLife17 and arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Shanahan's coaches as a player included Keenan, Bowman, and Babcock.

Garbage human beings all three. Shanahan probably hated playing for those ass hats. So he hired the softest coach in league history to appease his stars.

Remember, Babcock wasn't brought in to coach MNMT.

He was brought in to coach Kessel, Phaneuf, and those loser blowheads of the previous core. The players had taken over the dressing room. Babcock broke that sense of entitlement.

But Babcock's methods proved toxic to Shanahan's three budding young stars.

So Shanahan compensated by providing them the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Now they've gone from one sense of entitlement to another. Keefe might not ever be as successful as the HOF head coaches Shanahan played for but at least the players like him.

And when he's finally fired this year he can always take comfort in all that respect in the handshake lineup he won.
he needs to play whos playing good simple not who he thinks will play good bobbys gone cold he shouldnt be on the second line put robertson there boosh should not be on the top pair brodie shouldnt be in the top six i rather timmins honestly some combination of rielly lily benoit mccabe edmundson and timmins/ boosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad