When does Burke go all in like AA?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
We need our farm team / prospects to be as deep as the Jays are before you start trading them. The Jays still have some really good prospects in their system even though they traded a bundle of them in these deals. If the Leafs trade even a small minority of their top prospects, we wouldn't have any top prospects.

We have a weak depth system as it is, it isn't a position of strength.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
!!

We need our farm team / prospects to be as deep as the Jays are before you start trading them. The Jays still have some really good prospects in their system even though they traded a bundle of them in these deals. If the Leafs trade even a small minority of their top prospects, we wouldn't have any top prospects.

We have a weak depth system as it is, it isn't a position of strength.

After being one of the absolute worst teams in the league the past few years you'd almost have to have the best prospect system in the league.

But no Burke goes and ****s THAT up too!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
But we are hearing cap trading might come in the new new NHL.

So it is possible the Leafs could buy cap space in some of the deals required.

I haven't heard or seen any evidence that cap trading has been discussed as being a part of any new CBA. HF posters throwing around ideas doesn't give any merit to the thought.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
After being one of the absolute worst teams in the league the past few years you'd almost have to have the best prospect system in the league.

But no Burke goes and ****s THAT up too!

In all fairness he did inherit a steaming pile of dung for a prospect pool. The Kessel trade and Schenn/Kadri picks all look terrible so he certainly has to take some responsibility for those but this isn't all his doing. Perhaps JVR can help turn the Schenn pick into a positive but the jury is still out on that one.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
In all fairness he did inherit a steaming pile of dung for a prospect pool. The Kessel trade and Schenn/Kadri picks all look terrible so he certainly has to take some responsibility for those but this isn't all his doing. Perhaps JVR can help turn the Schenn pick into a positive but the jury is still out on that one.

He's failed the franchise.

If he leads the team to the sewer again I am personally organizing a facebook page to have him removed from office.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

He didn't pick Schenn.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Maybe when he has a good roster and some legit good/great core players.

Leafs need a few years before there should be any sort of thinking to go all-in.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
A Facebook page?! Oh no! Watch out Burke!

No one cares what you think....because most people like CEO's, managers, fans, and normal people don't tolerate losing.

My facebook page will gather awareness of how terrible Burke is.

It's already begun!

http://www.fireburke.ca/

You know how much that domain name costs? I'd bet $5 a year with GoDaddy.com. Someones fronting that bill Frank!

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
next years line up, 13/14

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Corey Perry ($5.325m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Nazem Kadri ($1.720m)
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
Leo Komarov ($1.200m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Mike Brown ($0.737m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Korbinian Holzer ($0.575m)
John-Michael Liles ($3.875m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Morgan Rielly ($1.775m)
Mike Kostka ($0.600m) /
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
BUYOUTS
Darcy Tucker ($1.000m) / Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,081,667; BONUSES: $2,262,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $11,380,833

Apr 1, 2010
No one cares what you think....because most people like CEO's, managers, fans, and normal people don't tolerate losing.

My facebook page will gather awareness of how terrible Burke is.

It's already begun!

http://www.fireburke.ca/

You know how much that domain name costs? I'd bet $5 a year with GoDaddy.com. Someones fronting that bill Frank!

I am about to lay some smack on that website. :naughty:

Why do you guys want to fire him?

Would Seguin and Hamiton helped us to finish better than 5th last last year?

EDIT: Total ******** web site.

Just some commentary.

#1 issue is how BUrke responds to the author.

Well lets see those Emails. I got a funny feeling the sarcastic response was warranted.

Last edited:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I am about to lay some smack on that website. :naughty:

Why do you guys want to fire him?

Would Seguin and Hamiton helped us to finish better than 5th last last year?

No but maybe better next year! Or the year after?

And maybe we didn't pick Hamilton...maybe we pick the Nuge! :naughty:

EDIT: Total ******** web site.

Just some commentary.

#1 issue is how BUrke responds to the author.

Well lets see those Emails. I got a funny feeling the sarcastic response was warranted.

Great website in my opinion.

Great web develepors on staff.

And some world class writing

What more can you ask for?

I also feel the owners of the site have "sold out" shall we say in their PAYPAL links for donations and purchases of Fire Burke buttons. Once I get my Fire Burke business running, buttons and advertisements will obviously be for free since I don't want to profit off seeing my team make the right organizational move.

My Facebook page will incorporate similar features but ultimately take the cake in the sheer scathing denunciation of Burke...complete with a full analysis of how bad the Kessel trade was (which that site is lacking).

Man Im tired.

When is the game on?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Grabbo is exactly what 5m gets you today. What would you use that cap space for? Why trade him unless you have someone else to fill the gap?

Yeah, that's what he goes for if you want to overpay a stopgap UFA by $1-1.5M on a short term contract, not when you're extending your player past his prime. Grabo may come close to earning that salary in the next season or two, but we could end up with a Komisarek-like contract on our hands in 3 years time.

If we're going to overpay someone both in $$ and in term, I'd prefer a player who can still help the team when he's not producing, and not some one dimensional Waldo.

Apr 1, 2010
Forgot my whole reason for entering this rabbit hole of a thread.

BURKE cannot pull and All-in like AA untikl he has similar the assets to do so.

He has moved a former #5 overall and got a former #2 overall.

Kadri's stock has dropped to much to bother moving.

And you young HF'ers would have a freaking coronary if I suggested moving Rielly, but let' sput thinkgs in perspective.

The Jays acquired RA Dickey, NL Cy Young award winner.

It's hard to compare a pitcher to a hockey player but lets say a Cy Young winner is worth a Selke winner, or a top 3 forward , or a top 2 d-man or a #1 Goalie.

Now Dickey cost the Jay the best Catching prospect in the minors. So it would stand to reason that a Selke winner, or a top 3 fporward, or a top 2 d-man would for sure include one of the top D-man prospects in the minors?

Meaning Rielly is going to likely be part of any package for a top player.

Are you ready for that? Or would you rather wait another year to see Rielly?

All I want to point out is that Even though Burke is doing the same thing AA has done he does not have the assets to go All-in.

Apr 1, 2010
No but maybe better next year! Or the year after?

And maybe we didn't pick Hamilton...maybe we pick the Nuge! :naughty:
Did NUge get EDM into the playoffs last year?
We still would have drafted high. Which is argument #2 for the Anti BUrke argument.
Still 5th last last year.

So it kills both the KEssel deal and the 5th last arguments.

OK let's agree to disagree. I don;t need to get infracted for derailing another thread. :ipeace

Great website in my opinion.

Great web develepors on staff.

And some world class writing

What more can you ask for?
That is awesome man!

Classic. :laugh:

I also feel the owners of the site have "sold out" shall we say in their PAYPAL links for donations and purchases of Fire Burke buttons. Once I get my Fire Burke business running, buttons and advertisements will obviously be for free since I don't want to profit off seeing my team make the right organizational move.

My Facebook page will incorporate similar features but ultimately take the cake in the sheer scathing denunciation of Burke...complete with a full analysis of how bad the Kessel trade was (which that site is lacking).

Man Im tired.

When is the game on?

Ya that site is definitly run by a bunch of "sellouts".:p:

4:30 for the game.

Until then, I believe John Lennon said it best....

"Aaaaall we are saying is....

Give Burke a chance.."
:D

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Did NUge get EDM into the playoffs last year?
We still would have drafted high. Which is argument #2 for the Anti BUrke argument.
Still 5th last last year.

So it kills both the KEssel deal and the 5th last arguments.

OK let's agree to disagree. I don;t need to get infracted for derailing another thread. :ipeace

That is awesome man!

Classic. :laugh:

Ya that site is definitly run by a bunch of "sellouts".:p:

4:30 for the game.

Until then, I believe John Lennon said it best....

"Aaaaall we are saying is....

Give Burke a chance.."
:D

Thank you Charlo.

Im glad you understand.

The site has 250 signatures for the petition to get Burke **** canned. I hope I can count on you to be 251.

4:30.. alright ...nap time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3