GDT: WHC - Austria vs Finland

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The atmosphere was surprisingly good today. Sounded like there was plenty og IFK fans at the stsnds. Ofc IFK fans making the difference.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The atmosphere was surprisingly good today.
The ticket prices are slightly cheaper for the games against lower tier countries, meaning even some ordinary Joes can attend.

Ironically, Liitto killing the atmosphere in those games where Finland has the direst need for the "sixth skater".

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The ticket prices are slightly cheaper for the games against lower tier countries, meaning even some ordinary Joes can attend.

Ironically, Liitto killing the atmosphere in those games where Finland has the direst need for the "sixth skater".
Yeah I noticed that when I looked at the prices for the games. The prices were way too high for me to go anyway, but 150 euros instead of 176/200 I guess is a bit better if people want to see at least one game.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Yeah I noticed that when I looked at the prices for the games. The prices were way too high for me to go anyway, but 150 euros instead of 176/200 I guess is a bit better if people want to see at least one game.
IMO it's not quite as bad as it was 10 years ago, when things probably got out of hand due to the long-awaited gold the year before. But yeah, maybe still a bit too steep, at least in regards to those who might bring the loudest noise... but at least we have spectators in the stands at every game.

And if there's a silver lining, it's that almost all of the profits go towards improving Finnish hockey at the grassroots level. It's not like it's being used on expensive liquor and fancy penthouse saunas.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
IMO it's not quite as bad as it was 10 years ago, when things probably got out of hand due to the long-awaited gold the year before. But yeah, maybe still a bit too steep, at least in regards to those who might bring the loudest noise... but at least we have spectators in the stands at every game.

And if there's a silver lining, it's that almost all of the profits go towards improving Finnish hockey at the grassroots level. It's not like it's being used on expensive liquor and fancy penthouse saunas.
Yeah, I saw an article about how they have made like 5-8m from this tournament and yea it goes towards Finnish junior hockey I'm pretty sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00