4 Mikko Lehtonen – 38 Juuso Hietanen

2:

25 Toni Rajala – 51 Valtteri Filppula (C) – 76 Jere Sallinen

41 Miro Heiskanen – 50 Mikael Seppälä

3:

82 Harri Pesonen – 91 Juho Lammikko – 10 Joel Armia

3 Niklas Friman – 42 Sami Vatanen

4:

80 Saku Mäenalanen – 24 Hannes Björninen – 12 Marko Anttila (A)

23 Esa Lindell – 55 Atte Ohtamaa

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Austria line-up

Bez názvu.png

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Austrians can actually handle the puck, it really makes this an actual hockey game. Not sure what the game against GB was.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Austria looks decent, not like "they have no business to play in this WC". They have also studied well how Finland plays, good job for hanging in there.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Canadians have really done their homework, watched this game on TSN and they said about Anttila "His nickname comes from Tove Jansson book where Mörkö is a ground freezing monster" :D

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Austria looks decent, not like "they have no business to play in this WC". They have also studied well how Finland plays, good job for hanging in there.
Looking at the shot counter, this must be their worst game of the tournament. Considering they took both USA and Czechs to OT praise for "hanging in there" seems kinda weird.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Looking at the shot counter, this must be their worst game of the tournament. Considering they took both USA and Czechs to OT praise for "hanging in there" seems kinda weird.
Austria has had literally no proper shots so far. Total domination from the Finns. Shame we can't score from our chances.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I guess after yesterday's game against Latvia and before what's really the most important game of the tournament against GB, this is as close to the schedule loss as you are going to get for Austria.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I guess after yesterday's game against Latvia and before what's really the most important game of the tournament against GB, this is as close to the schedule loss as you are going to get for Austria.
Job well done when thinking about how the schedule was made for the Finns..

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
At the time i wrote that game was 1-0, it could've been 3 or 4-0 so they are hanging in there.

Now obviously it's been all Finland.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think this game would be more exciting if played on smaller (NA) ice.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Game happens faster. Better separates the top players from the average guys.
Rink size has nothing to do with it. Anyone who has watched the Olympics this year or has followed the KHL knows this. Not to mention difference between Finnish ice and NHL is marginal to begin with.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Olli "Piällikko" Jokinen is a good analyst, he has that coach point of view and not only players view which is usually not good enough. That's why guys like Selänne and Timonen shouldn't be in studios when analyzing game.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Olkinuora has been great.. letting two 2on1's is not good
The one before the end of the period was so close.

I mean. There's a really simple reason why we're doing worse in this game than in previous games. Yes, I think part of it is that after an upset, teams treat you a bit differently. Part of it is that teams at the start of the tournament have less chemistry and are waiting for more players.

I think, pretty obviously, Finland is just the best team we've played. And if you look at the standings, they tell the same story. If we can take 2-0 to the house against Finland, that's as fantastic a result as you can hope for.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Not sure if people still remember but Rajala was, together with Granlund and Pulkkinen, the most hyped prospect of his era. He went under the radar for a long time but nice to see that he's good European level and very useful player for the national team.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Heiskanen has coasted first two games at 50% effort. I hope he can turn Jets on

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Not sure if people still remember but Rajala was, together with Granlund and Pulkkinen, the most hyped prospect of his era. He went under the radar for a long time but nice to see that he's good European level and very useful player for the national team.
Jep the first original bust of next generation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad