What's Your Ideal D Lineup For Next Season

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Mods if this needs to be moved to the lineup discussion go for it, but I was looking for opinions just on the D for next year and I didn't want to read through a bunch of other posts.

Assuming that whatever player(s) you want to be traded can be traded, what is your ideal D lineup from the Ducks current roster?

I would like:

Fowler-Theodore
Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Holzer

I know that's extremely unrealistic but what is your best D lineup for next season?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Fowler moved for top end young forward talent

Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Vatanen
Stoner - Theodore
Holzer - Montour

Despres gets traded for a forward, both Lindholm and Vatanen get team-friendly extensions and Bieksa somehow gets ejected. Would not be opposed to moving Stoner either, but Bieksa's the bigger priority due to the NMC.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Fowler moved for top end young forward talent

Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa

I like this one, although in my dream scenario we've fired Bieksa off into the sun and Montour gets a spot somewhere

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-Vatanen
Theo-Manson

or

Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-manson
Theo- Baeksa :(

we need to move some parts out of the organization.. not a fan of this expansion draft and our internal cap

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The Fowler opponents on here hate him because he isn't what they wanted him to be, and in that emotion miss him for the different player he has now become.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i have a feeling it'll be vatanen who's moved. not fowler

no way they trade despres. that would be very stupid

i'm hoping bieksa goes and montour takes his place

DaDucks*

The Fowler opponents on here hate him because he isn't what they wanted him to be, and in that emotion miss him for the different player he has now become.

Well yeah, when the player himself admits he struggles to play to his ability, why wouldn't there be a manifestation of frustration/anger among the fanbase?
Unless you're satisfied with the inconsistent player he has become? Is that what you're saying here? We should be satisfied with him? and look past his stats and impact on the game?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well yeah, when the player himself admits he struggles to play to his ability, why wouldn't there be a manifestation of frustration/anger among the fanbase?
Unless you're satisfied with the inconsistent player he has become? Is that what you're saying here? We should be satisfied with him? and look past his stats and impact on the game?

Being unsatisfied is not the same as irrational dislike on the border of obsession.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
There's always the potential miracle that Stoner and Bieksa are the ones that go.

I like the way you've shown your work, while solving the equation...

d6e754d24aaef324c1595e68583ace7a.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad