What's Next for Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I watched the series where they were ahead in almost every statistical category adjusted for score effects. Which one did you watch?

Lundqvist absolutely stole series. Too busy at work right now but I'll dig up some fun stats for you later.

I have stats.

In 2012, Rangers had a 55.7% share of the shots, and a 51.4% share of the expected goals.

In 2015, the Rangers had the edge in shots but the Caps had the edge in expected goals. As I said, very even series.

I'll give you 2013. It happened once. And if the Caps get past the Rangers, they lose to Pittsburgh again.

But that's not their fault. Unluckiest team in the world.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Actually yes they did. Caps absolutely should have won that series.

It was still funny.

You're right, they should have done as well as that other team that beat the Pens over the last 2 years. The one there's nothing seriously wrong with.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have stats.

In 2012, Rangers had a 55.7% share of the shots, and a 51.4% share of the expected goals.

In 2015, the Rangers had the edge in shots but the Caps had the edge in expected goals. As I said, very even series.

I'll give you 2013. It happened once. And if the Caps get past the Rangers, they lose to Pittsburgh again.

But that's not their fault. Unluckiest team in the world.

I thought you were referring to the Columbus series in terms of which one I watched where the Caps flipped the script on fancy stats from regular season to postseason.

Yes, the Rangers / Caps have been very even.

Look, at the end of the day, there are no excuses. The Caps have had some great teams with dominant regular season metrics suffer the same fate as teams that were analytics atrocities such as the Oates years (which is ironic because that was 2013). They just haven't made the plays to get them over the hump. Or they take a double-minor high-sticking penalty. Or a Kreider goal deflects off of a defender's shinguard with 1 minute left in G5 and the Caps can't recover. Such is the fate of Caps fans... until it's not.

nagami

Apr 20, 2018
I feel like we ought to perhaps hold up until the point that Columbus wins 2 more gameshttp://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/isna/3/o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad