Speculation: Whats next for Petey Mrazek?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Id like to see him in Buffalo. Still believe there is some quality starter potential there unlike with Lehner. And we need a 1A/1B to go with Ullmark for sure.
I'm probably repeating myself but why wouldn't there be an interest somewhere for Steve Mason. Remove his 1st 2 starts this season and he's sitting around a 9.17 save%. He'd only cost a team one year at $4.1 million. He doesn't want to be a back up in Winnipeg.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I'm probably repeating myself but why wouldn't there be an interest somewhere for Steve Mason. Remove his 1st 2 starts this season and he's sitting around a 9.17 save%. He'd only cost a team one year at $4.1 million. He doesn't want to be a back up in Winnipeg.

With that contract I think the Jets are stuck with him. Teams will just wait until after next season if they have interest. With PM your getting him on the cheap and do not have to give up anything.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
He's still only 26YO, so I'd bet there's a team out there that gives him a shot as a #2 hoping a 2nd change of scenery helps. Though, I doubt he gets paid anything that can't be buried 100% in the AHL, and he probably gets a pretty short leash.

I'd take him back in Detroit for 1.5m to help the Hughes tank.

I'm assuming that's for 2 years at $750k AAV? No need for Holland to overpay him a a second time....

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
He's still only 26YO, so I'd bet there's a team out there that gives him a shot as a #2 hoping a 2nd change of scenery helps. Though, I doubt he gets paid anything that can't be buried 100% in the AHL, and he probably gets a pretty short leash.

I'm assuming that's for 2 years at $750k AAV? No need for Holland to overpay him a a second time....

No, 1.5m/year on a 1 or 2 year contract. Watching Coreau would be unbearable.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Id rather have Mrazek over Mason easily.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
No, 1.5m/year on a 1 or 2 year contract. Watching Coreau would be unbearable.

I agree on Coreau, but for $1.5M a year, they can do much better than Mrazek on the UFA market. At this point he isn't worth more than $950k...

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
For 1.5 million? Who did you have in mind?

Literally anyone other than running the same two goalies they've had for most of the last 4 seasons.... Hammond/Hutchinson/Pavelec/Niemi for a year would probably come in cheaper and either be similar to or even better than Mrazek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad